New finished TM (Stunt) build by Chriss

@Jason: I´m ca. 6'4" high and my weight is ca. 198 lbs. Not really screen accurate :laugh1:

Hmmmm 6'4" in a TM.... time for me to lose a few pounds... because that suit looks even better on you now I know you're also a tall dude.

Aloha,

-Eric

Chris, that was an easy job for me as GML. ;) Welcome to the German Garrison!

The belt: it should not be higher than the separate "boxes" on the front part - nitpicking, really, but I have reference if it should still be unclear.

You left a small edge top and bottom...not sure what you mean with "chest" and all that, though?

Edited by ObiHahn

ohhh.... Sorry! I have edited my wrong post.

"ObiHahn had recommended that my belt is too wide (the plasticpart). I have to cut the belt near the BOXES for the correct look. Currently is a line about ca. 2 mm over and bottom the Boxes."

Waste no Words about the Chest ;)

Here's a pic of my belt, I have pics of original belts (which are not my pics so I won't post them here) to show that there was almost no to no "edge" left standing, it is just as high as the "boxes".

5876176605_4a1301259f_b.jpg

Chris left 2mm standing, top and bottom, and I just (nitpickingly) suggested to get rid of those as well:

komplettbelt.JPG

Like I mentioned already: it was the only tiny detail, besides internal strapping, that I thought could be futzed with a bit more. :P

I see what you mean now, but I don't agree with you.

I have photos of original ANH belts and they do have some 'edge' left on them, and they measure 95mm tall which is probably close to what Chris' belt is. I am not sure of the exact length of the ammo section, but mine measures 460mm.

I have seen plenty of tour suits with no edge left on the belts, but the ANH's are rough trimmed and not as clean as the tour suits style belts.

You can see on Simons belt that they are not ttrimmed too close to the boxes. It's not the best photo, but it's the only public photo I can show.

I have the same "problem" with not being able to show pics of what I mean. :P

I am referencing pictures of Simon's suit as well and on the very up-close detail pics of the belt I saw, there was almost no edge besides the slight curvature of where the vac-formed plastic was pulled over the boxes - I still think that on Chris' belt, the edge is a bit too prominent, but only slightly so. We're talking millimeters here...

The protruding lip on the RS Props belt varies in size all along both edges. It's almost flush at one end and protrudes quite some way at the other.

You should advise Chris to cut the belt wonkier! :laugh1:

Well, I do try and get everything as screen accurate as possible :P

Ow, I didn't even mean "made wonky", I meant I trimmed mine wonky. :P

But yeah, I had a suspicion you might be into screen accuracy, Paul...

Fab build there mate :salute: , one thing i noticed your shins tend to ride up , perhaps you could repostion the hooks on the elastics inside the shins to tighten them up a little , are you going to be trooping this baby mate ?, ohh and i luv the wonkey belt look , looks so right B)

If there is one thing you won't see on original armour it is a straight line, and the belt is no exception.

I made each box on the belt slightly different so that there is no symmetry. Once you start making things all nice and even you take away the look of the original Stromtrooper ;)

Fab build there mate :salute: , one thing i noticed your shins tend to ride up , perhaps you could repostion the hooks on the elastics inside the shins to tighten them up a little , are you going to be trooping this baby mate ?, ohh and i luv the wonkey belt look , looks so right B)

Thank you! This is my intention. I'm too tall (10cm taller than ideal) and if my shins are too low you can see larger gaps between the parts :wacko:

Oh, of course! I can hardly wait to troop :dancing-trooper: