Belt Question - Likely Dumb

Where should the belt terminate? I've seen a few images where it seems to terminate just under the left side of the O2 canister. Is that correct? Does it matter? BTW this is for ANH stunt.

On the holster,

How high up are the two rivets from the bottom of the belt?

How far should the holster be from the ammo belt in front?

Thanks!

There really is no "terminate" point on the belt. Most belts that troopers are selling are right around 52" in length so where it terminates is largely based on your overall diameter. As for the holster for stunt there should only be two connections on the belt for the holster.(rivets, chicago screws, snaps) about an inch up from the bottom of the belt and about 2 1/2" from the ammo belt. If you can, put your ab plate on and see where the holster would hang. It should be no farther forward than your hip. If that means it is actually on the butt side of your side than so be it.

001.thumb.jpg.a9a8d17b30b33e176235b959b2d7ce58.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I make my belts 46" long. I am a 34" waist and that gives me an overlap of about 6" at the back over my armour.

I like to attach the holster rivets about 1/2" from the lower edge of the belt and about 1" away from the ammo section. Holster drop from the belt can vary from 1" to 2" if you look at the screen grabs of original armour, though some may be shorter or longer.

Great insight thanks!

Do all of you place some sort of plastic insert behind the holster or in the belt for support?

Also, what do you use to secure the end of the belt? Velcro? Hidden snaps or hooks?

If you are making your own belt try to find denim canvas. That is what I use and it doesn't need any kind of reinforcing.

You need to make it four layers thick. Just cut out a twelve inch wide strip then fold it in half and half again. This gives you your four layers and makes it three inches wide. Now just sew all around the edges and sew on a small strip of two inch velcro at each end and your done :)

I am planning on adding some inserts though at least initially I'm not putting them inside. I'll use one about 3- 4" in width and the height of the belt or just under for the holster. It's styrene from the hardware store (beware of dog). I'll drill holes in the corners and one or two on the flat sides. Put that behind the belt and hand sew some loops through the holes and the belt. Nothing too invasive. Then I'll use snaps with rivets through the belt and styrene with adjoining snaps on the holster.

Same basic setup for the O2 canister. I have banker's clips for the O2 canister. That plate will be a little longer maybe? 4-5 maybe 6"?

On both I'll put a couple of velcro strips to hold them snug to the armor, or at least help in that regard. Also should keep them from rubbing on the armor.

I do not think the belt I currently have will support those accessories without the plates, but the way I'm doing it I can play around with different setups, later get a new/better belt.

If you are making your own belt try to find denim canvas. That is what I use and it doesn't need any kind of reinforcing.

You need to make it four layers thick. Just cut out a twelve inch wide strip then fold it in half and half again. This gives you your four layers and makes it three inches wide. Now just sew all around the edges and sew on a small strip of two inch velcro at each end and your done :)

I like the sound of that, I'll be on the lookout for it.

This is just something to think about. As far as I know, I am one of the few that has actually done this.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 10/12/2011 at 8:33 AM, gazmosis said:

This is just something to think about. As far as I know, I am one of the few that has actually done this.

That's not a bad idea at first glance Gazmosis, but would I be right to be slightly afraid that the weight of the holster, and blaster swinging while walking might weaken and crack the plastic over time?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2011 at 4:26 AM, gazmosis said:

There really is no "terminate" point on the belt. Most belts that troopers are selling are right around 52" in length so where it terminates is largely based on your overall diameter. As for the holster for stunt there should only be two connections on the belt for the holster.(rivets, chicago screws, snaps) about an inch up from the bottom of the belt and about 2 1/2" from the ammo belt. If you can, put your ab plate on and see where the holster would hang. It should be no farther forward than your hip. If that means it is actually on the butt side of your side than so be it.

---------

Thanks for posting this - it's very helpful.... my belt is about the same length.

So how much of the holster's straps (the exposed brown part) should be shown? An inch?

My blaster is a pvc pipe build and weighs almost nothing. The holster weighs nothing on its own. Really the only time I have EVER holstered my blaster is to carry the DLT-19. Did that once. Not too worried about it.

That's not a bad idea at first glance Gazmosis, but would I be right to be slightly afraid that the weight of the holster, and blaster swinging while walking might weaken and crack the plastic over time?

reply to quote above.