The Modded Hasbro Toy Blater

Absolutely. You cannot be Elite without being 501st first. Elite, like Lancer and MEPD Officer, builds on 501st membership, and does not replace or supersede it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I do agree, I just meant that having a blaster for elite status but never trooping with it, IMO, is not a good use of time, money, whatever.

some people say this about trying for elite status, take my garrison for example, there has to be about an 80% - 90% ratio of FX armor and helmets in the ranks <_<

If I buy a screen accurate blaster, I am going to troop with it!!! Others may not, and that is OK.

I troop with my authentic blaster all the time :)

Here is my contact for the authentic ANH ESB, and ROTJ blasters...he makes them all at an afordable price...I don't know who else has bought one from him, but I know that he made mine and Ed's for our elite armor projects :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:B:BCA:US:1123

Frak! That's pretty tight for the price. How do they hold up? Reason I ask is I've had some resin props that chip just by looking at them, and others that can take abuse and even small drops.

being apart of the 501st is an option for members here such is the elite status, just because you are an elite trooper doesn't mean that you are in or want to be in the 501st <_<

Wait a minute! No it's not!!! This is a 501st Detachment. You may not need to be a legion member to log on to these forums, but you most certainly need to be in order to be a member of this detachment.

Please remember that this discussion is not about trooping with the more accurate blaster, its having one when submitting your photo's for elite status

That's almost the mort indeed, silly thing I've heard all day. Anyone who buys a blaster just to take *a* photo is a moron, period. By your reasoning, I could just borrow an accurate blaster for the photos. What's really the difference? I mean, it's just for photos, right? :blink:

Well Scot, it has everything to do with my argument...that would mean that the elite status would then be placed at a higher bar than the 501st standards...these standards are there for those of us who want to achieve them, not for those who want to troop in screen accurate armor remember this pleas......remember that this is about attaining the elite status, not trooping, and not being apart of the 501st...being apart of the 501st is an option for members here such is the elite status, just because you are an elite trooper doesn't mean that you are in or want to be in the 501st

You have to be a member of the 501st to be eligible FISD "Elite" (I still hate this word) status. I'm not sure how you could have even slipped up on that fact. I'm not sure what's in the Kool-Aid you're drinking, but I'll just have a Sprite.

Keep the conversation on topic and friendly troopers.

Will do Ed :salute: Back on topic now...

This authentic blaster contact is reputable, and the blaster stands up to troops, I have had mine since may, and love it, It is not 100% resin, it is a combination of resin and PVC which makes it alot more durable than a straight up Resin prop replica :)

I think with examples we've been provided, costs not withstanding, a well modded Hasbro can act as a reasonable facsimile. It makes one wonder why someone would spend almost an equal amount of money modding a toy when you can get a quality blaster at a bargain price, as Bernard has illustrated. It all comes down to the individual and knowing proper sources to get what's needed. If newbie "X" doesn't know of any reputable sources to get a quality blaster, he may opt for the modded toy. But I digress.

I believe the well modded toy can look very convincing and, much like helmet and armor mods, I've seen some inventive and excellent mods done. I've also seen some horrific examples (i.e. my own first attempt).

Guys,

I understand why their are strong opinions on this subject but this conversation is not going anywhere with respect to the topic at this point.

The debates have been met, thus I'm closing this thread. Thank you for all for the discussion.

I think with examples we've been provided, costs not withstanding, a well modded Hasbro can act as a reasonable facsimile. It makes one wonder why someone would spend almost an equal amount of money modding a toy when you can get a quality blaster at a bargain price, as Bernard has illustrated. It all comes down to the individual and knowing proper sources to get what's needed. If newbie "X" doesn't know of any reputable sources to get a quality blaster, he may opt for the modded toy. But I digress.

I believe the well modded toy can look very convincing and, much like helmet and armor mods, I've seen some inventive and excellent mods done. I've also seen some horrific examples (i.e. my own first attempt).

Yes you do have a good point Carlos about new members not knowing where to go to get the items, that’s why E-bay can be a really bad place because that is all alot of these people see for vendors of armor...I am glad that we have this community to help steer new people in the right direction, whether or not the FISD is ready to ax the modded Hasbro from the so called elite requirements or not.

I am also sorry about taking such great offense to your previous post, I narrow mindedly jumped to conclusions without thinking, I should have took a moment to think about what you were really trying to say instead of me assuming it was some kind of verbal attack, so once again I am sorry, and my previous posts will be erased :salute::trooper: