Kaptin Kaos' AM ANH Build

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man! I think I'm going to do the back of the rivets where the holster attaches to the belt with snaps also. That will help with sag tremendously. I thought of just sewing some velcro on and might still just do that... I dunno. Gotta wait till my holsters are done being sewn tomorrow morning. :D Good luck with the rest of you build!

Lol! Thanks man! Speed wasn't the goal and was only possible due to the huge help from everyone on this board, my garrison board (Badlands) and the 2 years of preparation I had before ordering this kit, ;) Granted, yes... I am a crafty dude, but it wasn't possible without everyone's input here, the massive amount of info available and Pandatrooper's great tutorial threads!!!

Edited by kaptinkaos

• 2 weeks later...

One more finishing touch on this suit! Here's my lovely new ANH screen accurate holster! Didn't cost me much, about $14 in materials and an hour or so of my time. :D

IMG-20110922-00261.jpg

Of course I'll post a pic of my finished ATA lid when it's done and hopefully some full pics of the suit as it is now. I've been tweaking, ;)

Ahhh... This will make a GREAT addition to the suit! I wish it was here on Friday as I had my first official troop yesterday at Calgary, AB's AIDS Walk for Life (which raised $171,000!!!), but it's awesome non the less! Thanks Jim!

IMG-20110926-00284.jpg

Some pics from the first troop, :D

DSCN1749.jpg

DSCN1752.jpg

DSCN1762.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

It was a BLAST!

Edited by kaptinkaos

Yep! The scale is perfect and the colors match pretty good. It's a heck of a lot tighter in the ATA than the AM, lol! I need to mesh the frown after putting a fan in it though.

I'm not so sure I even want another set of armor for TK now... I am way more leaning towards a Sandy. I've gotten the clone fever out of my head after realizing that GL never even made a single set of real armor for the clones in any episode... That or a Boba (or supertrooper). The TK is so iconic though... It gather's as much attention as Darth! (Don't tell him that though... I don't wanna be force-choked!) I'm still on ATA's wait list and I'm in no rush now. I have a suit to troop in and that's the important thing! Now if my silly Doopydoo E-11 kit would arrive... Back to work Wednesday so I'll be out of town for a couple weeks.

Lol, thanks man! I had an "edge" though... I'm not married and have no kids so devoting 2 straight weeks of days off to this build seemed completely normal to me, LOL!!! Also, as it's a hobby, I didn't set a budget. I just did what I need to. There were a few 4am nights and back at it first thing when I woke up... Also, I can't stress enough that this forum is just an absolute GOLD MINE for everything and anything TK. 501st ROCKS!!!!