Belt advice

Ok i have an excellent FBJ canvas belt and the equalily excellent Tm belt plate, i have a few questions, where about should i place the belt plate, dead centre of the canvas belt so there are equal ammounts of belt showing each side?? also is it best to use snaps to attach the plate to the canvas?

I'll check out the pinned guides but would like some advice also.

I put the belt on, then held and marked where I wanted the plate (it ended up almost dead center)

I used snaps to attach my front plate, and have never had a problem with it popping off (save the first time I wore it and the GLUE not the snap popped. A little glue from our Vader's repair kit and I was all set. ). I would suggest if using snaps that you try to countersink the plastic that you attach the snap to. That way the rear of the button is flatter to the ABS and it's easier to glue. If not, just be sure to use a good amount of glue.

I also like the option of being able to remove my front plate if needed. That's just me…

I canvas belt I made had snaps and then I needed to add velcro because the snaps would pop (only 3 snaps--one on each end of the plastic front belt and one in middle). After I added industrial velcro points near the snaps, it doesn't move--period. And, it is a plus that it is removeable. I made 1 side of the belt a little longer so that it can overlap the back with velcro and attach. The photo below does not show the velcro since I added it after the photo when the snaps failed.

Canvasbelt2.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

all done now,thanks for the advice, i have gone for snaps and at the moment they seem to be working fine.

I put the snaps through the actual abs strip and then covered the snaps with the rivet covers that i had supplied with the strip, looks just fine.

I will put pics up when i get my camera back from the wife!

That was quick you only got the belt this morning mate :D

Just for info with my belts they are designed so that the plastic ammo part should be fitted dead centre so that the velcro at the back overlaps the same each side like it is when you get them.

That way they are perfectly centered, and the overlap should be about the same as your td..depending on which td you have, look forward to seeing some pics :duim:

do i need to attach the belt too the ab plate or just wrap it around myself??

I just wrap it round and fasten it nice and tight, but you can if you wish put snaps on the inside on the belt and attach to the ab plate, thats how the movie armour was :)

do i need to attach the belt too the ab plate or just wrap it around myself??

I added a smal piece of velcro on the bottom of my ab and a small piece of velcro to the inside of the belt. Just to make sure it stays in place. Now on my belt thats on the way... there is velcro lined all around... :)

I use a rivet in the middle of the belt to hold the canvas in place then i use screws on the egdes of my belts threw the abe plate, This is so if i change my mind and want to adjust the placement of my belt. When i used snaps i found my belt would pop off my armor way to easy while walking around or when my E-11 was holstered.

RgymBJ4.jpg

Edited by Sly11

I'm curious to know how many of you guys actually have snaps under your belt and through your abs plastic?

I had no idea people were doing that .. will this weaken the abs in any way or crack in the long run?!?

troopermaster said:
Use snaps to attach the belt to the ab plate. It keeps it in place and stops it sliding around. Look at the pic below to show you where to put them.

fW5dQil.jpg

Edited by Sly11