TM 2011 ANH Stunt Kit a.k.a My First TK

The easiest thing to do with the shins is to trim ther ankle area. Take 10-20mm off the length and don't try to recreate the original ankle shape when you do. I think if you just trim in a downward curve as seen on some of the original suits would look better. You can also trim the border behind the knee too. Same for the thighs too. Trim away the back of the knees and test fit to see how everything feels.

I guess that's about as much as you can do without trimming the tops of the thighs. I would only trim the tops of the thighs as a last resort though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest thing to do with the shins is to trim ther ankle area. Take 10-20mm off the length and don't try to recreate the original ankle shape when you do. I think if you just trim in a downward curve as seen on some of the original suits would look better. You can also trim the border behind the knee too. Same for the thighs too. Trim away the back of the knees and test fit to see how everything feels.

I guess that's about as much as you can do without trimming the tops of the thighs. I would only trim the tops of the thighs as a last resort though.

Thanks for that. I really dont want to do anything to the thighs so will start with the shin bottoms and re-test. When you say "downward curve" would this mean a 'U' shape

Thanks again

Drilled the rivets and remounted the sniper plate flush with the finishing strip and glue is setting. Will have to decide if I will re-attach ends with rivets or fill holes with something and glue!!

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Alan

Thigh trouble

I have posted on my local Garrison forum but many hands and all that.

I need some thigh advice as I really do think I need to trim then as I am a short a very impolite person.

Piccies:

P1020763.jpg

P1020762.jpg

P1020767.jpg

P1020776.jpg

I dont fear the cut as using the compass method I find I can keep whatever the shape is, but what do you think, do I have to? Where is best? etc etc

Any advice would be great, thanks all

Alan

How do the thighs feel when you just wear the leg armour without wearing the torso?

I think you might be able to do some modding to the torso as it looks like it is hanging too low. Does the torso feel alright on you or could that be modded to fit better as well?

Just trying to get a feel of what fits right and what doesn't as the problem may not be just the thighs?

The torso feels ok no problems, I have just added a snap to the abdomen/chest elastic to raise it a little higher so will re test tomorrow to see how that looks.

The thighs catch the back of the shin tops when worn on their own so I may have to cut a gap behind as you previously suggested so they dont collide, as this also makes stairs and steps difficult

Maybe I need to take something off the top of the butt or kidney to raise the butt piece?

Edited by TKmAx

Maybe I need to take something off the top of the butt or kidney to raise the butt piece?

That's what I was thinking.

It would not hurt to trim a bit off the top of your butt and off the bottom of your kident plate. I was also thinking about trimming the neck line a bit deeper to pull the chest up and maybe some off the top of your ab plate. Maybe even go as far as trimming the lower edge off you chest plate Luke style?

I know these may be going against the grain but the armour is designed for someone of around 5'10, so anyone who is quite a bit taller or shorter than this will have to do some kind of modding to their armour.

I have added a snap to raise the chest/ab

I will test fit that tomorrow and see what play there is in respect of raising the cod then I can work out how much I can trim off the butt/kidney to close the play, I think If I can get an inch and a half it will free up the thigh. I still think I need to cut out the rear of the thigh as this clashes with the rear of the knee and totally restricts movement and climbing even the smallest step.

Well apparently someone posted on my Garrison thread that if I trim behind the knee on the thigh I wont get cleared so I will have to work either the tops of the thighs, or hope that any torso mods help

I have already trimmed behind the knee on the shin so I may have trouble with clearance already then I will just sell up as there will be no point living the dream to make a difference to others.

Edited by TKmAx

You cannot not be cleared for trimming some out off the back of your knee on the thighs or shins. Many in the UKG have done that. Even some stormtroopers in ANH had that trimmed!

You see how things get confusing then, I do really appreciate your input, puts my mind back in the fun zone.

I think tonight though I have had enough and am going to drink and play some guitar hero, its been a busy week.

Cheers again Mathias for all your comments

Well apparently someone posted on my Garrison thread that if I trim behind the knee on the thigh I wont get cleared

That's hilarious :laugh1:

I find it amusing that someone with an awesome costume might not get cleared because they had to trim it to fit and it might not look accurate, yet FX gets clearance???

I hope it's not true. One thing I have learned ove the years is people talk too much and you shouldn't take everything as gospel.

That's hilarious :laugh1:

I find it amusing that someone with an awesome costume might not get cleared because they had to trim it to fit and it might not look accurate, yet FX gets clearance???

I hope it's not true. One thing I have learned ove the years is people talk too much and you shouldn't take everything as gospel.

Its not true.

It was a post by someone who should know better.

Especially as he is part of the Imperial Propaganda Department ;)

Yes, I find that very amusing myself and stands as an example of how messed up this club can be sometimes (albeit at it's extreme).

heres billy's ref pics for trimming

Backofcalves01.jpgThighBack04.jpg

Thanks for these. Hopefully by further trimming the shin bottoms and hiking the ab to near castration position I can overcome the problem, but if not I also know that I can shave some of the thigh backing off without puttin gmy clearance at risk.