anh trooper

You got some incredible armor there, trooper!!! In my opinion (for what it's worth) I would remove the padding in the biceps and cinch those up until they are JUST under the shoulder bells. I wouldn't worry about the black showing it won't make that much difference. What it will help with is the ability to bend the arms at the elbow without the inevitable pinch bruise at the bottom of the bicep. Also, you might want to make some future plans to remove that rivet on the sniper plate if you are going for Centurion at any point.

Nice build! I would never guess you are as tall as you say you are.

You are right, is it much easier to move the arms with the bicep under the bells.Some fine tuning may be needed. Thanks for the input. I dont look that tall because my leg inseam is 32'', so most of the body lenth is in the torso. There is still quite a bit of black showing behind the knees. I guess I could drill out the rivets in the knee plate. When I first put those parts together there wasn't a Centurion class yet. I will probibly hold off on that for a while, just want eventually get this completed. Hopefully get EIB some day.

That is looking really good!

Ā 

What maker of armor is it?

Ā 

I'm asking because I'm like 6'3" and concerned about the gaps between pieces. Yours seem to be falling into place nicely.

This armor is no longer made, but is like ATA armor. The back piece broke and I was missing some parts so I ordered them thru ATA . This guy gave great service and I got the parts I ordered. If you are worried about armor fitting you start a thread and give your height and weight. I am sure you will get plenty of good feedback that will help you make that hard choice.

You got some incredible armor there, trooper!!! In my opinion (for what it's worth) I would remove the padding in the biceps and cinch those up until they are JUST under the shoulder bells. I wouldn't worry about the black showing it won't make that much difference. What it will help with is the ability to bend the arms at the elbow without the inevitable pinch bruise at the bottom of the bicep. Also, you might want to make some future plans to remove that rivet on the sniper plate if you are going for Centurion at any point.

Nice build! I would never guess you are as tall as you say you are.

I raised the bicep like you said, When I tried this before I must of had it to high. Funny I have tried this armor on over 100 times.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i447/sccoast/capanh/capanhdetails059.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i447/sccoast/capanh/capanhdetails060.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i447/sccoast/capanh/capanhdetails061.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I didn't know, that's why I asked.

Hi Mark, These split rivets are really easy to use. I had thought about capping the pop rivets that I had originally installed, but I was concerned that they would fall off after

awhile. So I drilled out the pop rivets and put these on. I only use pop rivets on making snap plates now. Here is a pic of the inside, a washer is used to retain it. Hope this helps

armor086.jpg