Forum settings

TKmAx

Hi my forum settings have all messed up so everything looks a mess and images dont appear in threads just the links that I then have to manually copy and paste into a browser

Can anyone help.

Also my bookmarks for FISD take to an IPS blue type page??

Any ideas?

Thanks

I think there has been an upgrade of the forum software itself, so the old skins don't render properly. Use the "IP Boards" skin for something that at least renders properly.

What happened with our beautiful page :o

Edit: Now it is a gimmick :blink: ...bottom left, there is a button "change theme"...there you can switch between the skin for the Forum ;)

Edited by DarthChridan

I regret to inform everyone that what was to be a side upload became a forum upgrade, and alas the only way to recover is either to:

1) Completely re-skin the site from scratch (huge amount of work - could be weeks before we get things ironed out).

2) Do a restore from yesterday. We lose 34 hours of posts/PM's, but on the plus the forum is put back to a known good state.

Neither option is pretty. I'm included to do #2 if we can get the backups later today. Else we'll have to fail forward and just work our webmasters heavily over the next few weeks.

I kind of like the new features, so I opt for a adaptation of the ESB theme for the new version of the forum software. I know how much work that means, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

I kind of like the new features, so I opt for a adaptation of the ESB theme for the new version of the forum software. I know how much work that means, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

Understood and I agree. Using the default skin, there are some pretty nice features.

New Text Editor

A full list is at:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/342380-ipboard-320-and-applications-released/

"Ah I hate it! It sucks. It sucks. It sucks. Change is bad. I hate change. Anything new sucks!"

That was me this morning.

After using it all day I have to say that I dig the new skin and especially the new editor.

Also the options for viewing new posts are really handy:

7-26-2011 3-37-24 PM.png

The pop ups when you mouse over a username kinda freak me out but I'm sure I'll get used it like anything else. Just don't change it again because change is really really scary.

Aloha and Thanks!

-Eric