Forearms

There's no requirement for number of divots for 501st legion or EIB.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, I was having a hard time finding and specific reference on them and I was scared to cut without knowing.

And there is no requirement for number of divots for the Centurion level either.. :salute:

On 7/5/2011 at 2:30 AM, RogueTrooper said:

And there is no requirement for number of divots for the Centurion level either.. :salute:

Ā 

Which is kindaa strange when you think about it 'coz the original on screen suits

did have a precise number of divots for each forearm B)

Ā 

Ā 

PIQjwrb.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

:)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Considering the other issues that got voted down, it's not surprising, esp. unless every maker of armor ensures they match exact. We have a long way before that level of detail is worried about.

Before you go cutting anything, make sure you have the forearms up close to the biceps. The screen used armour has about 1" gap between the bottom of the bicep and the lowest point of the inner forearm cut out. Your bicep should be touching your forearm on the outside when your arms are straight down by your side. Once this is done you can then cut the wrist area.

Ā 

Don't worry about about the divots. Some of the screen used armour had them cut down a lot. I have seen right forearms with only 11 divots.

Was going to start a new thread but might as well post it here as it is basically on topic. I'm looking to join the biceps to the forearms as has been seen on a few build photos here on FISD, what I would like to know is what is best to use to join them - webbing or elastic? I originally thought webbing but would that be too rigid? Then I thought elastic but then wouldn't that get over-stretched as time goes on...

Ā 

Thoughts?

Use elastic.

Ā 

If it ever starts to get stretched and loose, simply replace it. Webbing will not stretch will not hinder any movement. If you keep the forearm up tight to your bicep so there is a minimal gap on the inner curve, you will get better movement without pinching.

WOW--Thanks everyone. I already have a big scoop cut into the inside of the forearm but as of right now I would have overlap between my biceps and forearms so cutting off one divot shouldn't leave too much room (well under 1"), I just wanted to avoid as many bites as possible. Thanks again for all the help, I'm diggin' the love ;)