My white boots are turning yellow

Pepster3D

Hi everyone-I bought white patent leather boots from Mark Cheng like 7 years ago. I guess from sitting in their cardboard shoebox they are turning yellow. Any recommendations as to what to do? I was guessing just the white shoe polish you put on with a sponge, but then they won't look like patent leather anymore. I also had a question if they should be shiny or dull. I am hoping to eventually mod my armor so it's ANH specific, so any help on the boots would be great, thanks!

Hey Darlene,

I'm no expert on anything, but I believe there was a thread on the official 501st forum a while back, and I believe it was actually started by Dion (our NER CO) because he was looking for a new pair of boots. Somewhere on there a member posted that these boots turn yellow quicker if they are touching each other when being stored. I have no idea how true this is or why, but since I read that I've been storing mine on opposite sides of the bin :P

If they are size 11 mens, you can simply sell them to me. I'll pay top $$. :D

Wyatt - MC's are actually patent leather so using saddle soap or shoe polish may actually be detrimental to the finish.

If you insist on keeping them or they are another size, I also tried white vinegar which did pretty good. You can also Google for "clean white patent leather", which has some other tips.

My MC's also yellowed and I'm using them for my TD so it's not too bad.

Haha, sorry Daetrin, they are size 8 mens. And I'm keepin' em!

Thanks for the pointers guys. Much appreciated as always.

If they are size 11 mens, you can simply sell them to me. I'll pay top $$. :D

Wyatt - MC's are actually patent leather so using saddle soap or shoe polish may actually be detrimental to the finish.

If you insist on keeping them or they are another size, I also tried white vinegar which did pretty good. You can also Google for "clean white patent leather", which has some other tips.

My MC's also yellowed and I'm using them for my TD so it's not too bad.