TK-4034 requesting EIB status[173]

My name is Steve Gaza and after a long and hard two year battle with the bulge, I am finally comfortable enough to don the armor I have worked so hard on detailing. I was issued TK-4034, my forum name is Gazmosis, and I am a member of the Midwest Garrison.

Armor: Painted and polished HIPS Original maker unknown

Helmet(s): The one that came with the armor and an AP bought a couple years back (see if you can spot the difference!)

Blaster: PVC,scratchbuilt. Resin handle, butt cap, scope, rear sight, and muzzle. Everything else, incl. hengstler, was scratchbuilt and weathered.

Height: 5' 11"

weight: 211

Boots: CABoots

Canvas belt: made it myself

Handplates: Karin's high gloss, flexible, white handplates attached to black, rubber chemical gloves

Electronics: In helmet, 3 total fans (1 intake on mouth, two exhaust in rear traps) Aker amp system

Neckseal: Glossy black, ribbed (hot as all getout!!!)

Holster: Made myself from black cowhide. Double layer back for clean look. Stitched at a local shoe/luggage repair shop.

DLT-19: Resin handle/trigger, top cover, and muzzle. The rest was scratchbuilt from PVC, wood, metal then painted and weathered.

P1020233.jpgP1020234.jpgP1020242.jpgP1020238.jpgMystormiearmor2011024.jpgMystormiearmor2011021.jpgP1020255.jpgMystormiearmor2011019.jpgP1020237.jpgP1020241.jpgP1020247.jpgMystormiearmor2011011.jpg004.jpg003.jpg

Looks pretty good, and congratulations on the weight loss. :duim:

My recommendations - none of which should affect the EIB decision - are to bring in the drop boxes a bit, slightly adjust your chest/back so that the chest sits a bit lower (and in turn brings up the back), and get on the waiting list for a set of TKBoots. :)

I thought the drop boxes were supposed to sit in a way that the end of the ammo belt sits in the middle of the boxes. Great idea about the chest/back!!!

I thought the drop boxes were supposed to sit in a way that the end of the ammo belt sits in the middle of the boxes. Great idea about the chest/back!!!

Nah, better to position them so that the outer edge of the drop box is aligned with the outer edge of the ammo belt.

Only comment that has not been voiced is to adjust your padding(if any) in the thigh so that the knee plate on your left shin does not fall under the thigh piece.

And TKboots!!!

Looking great otherwise.

Edited by sith_241

great work! i really love to see scratchbuilt details :D you put a lot of work into this and it goes to show.. Approved!! fantastic job trooper :salute:

I had my WTF moment during the build. Seeing as the armor needed to be painted, I wanted to do as little glueing as possible after painting. All the connecting strips were glued into place prior to painting so that afterward I would only have 1 strip to glue to connect the halves. I applied glue and clamps and moved on not realizing the mistake until the next day.(insert "Tim the Tool Man" grunt...."OH NO!") By that time, since I used plast-weld, it was too late. I trid to slowly seperate the strips but the weld is very unforgiving once set and it began to tear the shin. I will get new shins at a later time. It's trooping season now so I will wait to do this as a winter project.