Fan Batterys heat up if they are connected and off

:o Hello have just noticed that once i connect my fans to there batterys and have them working (ON) no problem. but if i take off my lid and click off, the batterys heat up fast :huh:

This normal?? s there a small short??? should i rewire my fans? like i sad as long as i click off they heat up, i have been disconnecting them to ovoid a leak explotion....

fans are radio shack normal issue, batterys are d batts.

what are your thoughts??!!

Definitely not normal. I would say the load on this is to high but not when they are off. I wouldn't know with out seeing a diagram of your layout.

:o Hello have just noticed that once i connect my fans to there batterys and have them working (ON) no problem. but if i take off my lid and click off, the batterys heat up fast :huh:

This normal?? s there a small short??? should i rewire my fans? like i sad as long as i click off they heat up, i have been disconnecting them to ovoid a leak explotion....

fans are radio shack normal issue, batterys are d batts.

what are your thoughts??!!

This is how i remember i wired up both ,but will check and let u guys know if this is right!!!

Thx guys

Fansetup.jpg.fceeb0522d19559cc472bf226b1a38f3.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

...after reading this I had to go check all my batteries!! all is well..I have mine wired differently than your diagram..I have the red from the batt to one side of the switch and the red of the fan to the other side of the switch and the black runs straight from the batt to the fan...

TK_MD said:

This is how i remember i wired up both ,but will check and let u guys know if this is right!!!

Thx guys

Jay is right. You have it wired wrong. It should be wired like this:

1876297251_Fansetup(1).jpg.c393fcdcb996b4590db9a08f66465cf9.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yep they way you have that wired is when you switch the switch ON, you are putting a dead short across the battery. Electricity follows the path of least resistance, so when you close/turn on the switch, the electricity no longer needs to go through the fan to complete the circuit, when you open/turn off the switch, that path of least resistance is no longer open to the flow of the volts and it goes through the fan, as the fan is now the path of least resistance.

Follow 4205 drawing and you will be fine.

I too wired my first one wrong (like the first diagram) and had the same problem. Luckily, I never installed them and found the solution before much time passed (no explosion). Another symptom I saw was that the fan was "on" in the switches off position (button raised) and once the button was depressed in the "on" position it turned off. Is that they way yours works?

Just rewire to TK 4205's specifications and you will be on easy street again!!!

:o:blush:

THX GUYS

:salute:

I think i will go rewire my dads electric fence....... :rolleyes:

o ya no onemade a comment on my duracell battery...... :lol:

@Brad: .....dont know will check about the on/off button, probably.