Weathering a TK armor

Hi All,

i would like to know if anyone has any ideas or tutorials on how to weather a TK armor and helmet.

I dont mean turn him into a sandtrooper, i mean give it that used, banged up look that we see at the start of ANH. i would like to reproduce that look not the look that the Dave M or Brian bucket as right now but more like mister no stripes who had not of nifty little things going on on his suit...

any suggestions welcomed.

thanks

Edited by LittleOne

Hi Brendan. I am by no means an expert but these suits mark up pretty quick. Just by wearing it a few times you should start to get the look from the movie. It doesn't get much more authentic than 'real life' weathering. :)

I might've said this elsewhere, but the EASIEST by far, and non-permanent weathering can be done with a black Chinagraph pencil.

Simply scribble a little on, and rub with a finger until you're happy. It can be wiped off at any time if you like.

I've done it to my Biker and it looks great. Will be doing it to my TK Commander soon.

Best weathering is the type that comes from frequent trooping. Nothing makes the armor say "field experience" quite like - wait for it - field experience. ;)

newspaper ink can damage the finish on ABS armor. it can cause yellowing.

best way is to use charcoal pencil, or fuller's earth powders.

just some charcoal dust and a few black streaks here and there, and you've got it!

newspaper ink can damage the finish on ABS armor. it can cause yellowing.

best way is to use charcoal pencil, or fuller's earth powders.

just some charcoal dust and a few black streaks here and there, and you've got it!

too late for that, i already scuffed my helmet with newspaper and it looks great...looks a lot like natural battle and "being ruff" on suit type of effect. at worst i could sand this off or repaint but i like it... i did not go overboard..ten-fifteen feet away it does not really show up but up close you can see the "carbon scoring" on it....

why would it cause yellowing on the armor?

I have had to do pencil marks on my helmet at some paint and the pencil marks stay worse than the newspaper ink....the krylon seems to take in that stuff like a tatoo on your skin, very hard to get rid off...so i am a bit afraid to use charcoal on the helmet because i did not like the way the pencil worked on the helmet.....

my helmet was HPDE painted with white krylon....so it might be a different situation with full abs....i ll have to test the diffferent ways on spare parts when i get my armor kit and see if i like it or not....

Edited by LittleOne