Wohoo Started my Hasbro E-11 mod !

Finally got my mits on a Hasbro E-11 blaster, these are rare!

will have to get a doopidoo kit now...

DSCF6127.jpg

DSCF6130.jpg

Removed lower T track, drilled holes, will need to get bigger drill bit, removed muzzle, removed lettering with x acto....did a little bit of weathering to make the blaster looked banged up... will see if i can modify the trigger safely, if not i ll leave it has is...

DSCF6144.jpg

After cleaning the rail or whatever it is called..man that took several hours just to do that! all done with model files after i had drilled holes..

DSCF6133.jpg

DSCF6142.jpg

still lots to do but super fun!

Edited by LittleOne

yep, i think i read your thread on this and looking at you for guidance..thanks

what was cool is that for the embossed lettering all i di was take my x acto blade and shave the letter off, just like shaving your beard, they came out pretty easily, much to my suprise, i did not have to dremel anything so far...

Edited by LittleOne

an xacto for the letters? i think the results will be best if you sand them ;)

yep, i shaved the letter off in a matter of seconds by gliding the blades accross the raised writing, making sure i get it flush to the plastic below, while sanding whould have probably taken me 10-15 minutes...i still need to sand but minimal like...

DSCF6146jj.jpg

Edited by LittleOne

With one trend going on now I would love to see the outcome from this . & not to rare I have 12 in the box still I just holding off till they are rare :)

well i have looked around town for quite a while, this is the first that pops up...and i think it might be old stock that the local toy'r'us wanted to get rid off...

other than that i would have had to go thru ebay or some site like that.

the odd thing about hasbro toys is that their distribution system for their toys completely blows....one back water town may end up with 20 blasters while a big chain in New York may get none....and dont tell me it's the fault of the local stores because i do not believe that...

Edited by LittleOne

• 3 weeks later...

It is odd of the distro. The Colorado Springs area wallys got them in all over the place. Mostly the Clone blasters, but just about every wally around has 2 or 3 of the hasbro stormie blasters. I picked up 2, 1 for me 1 for a friend. We are also doing the doopys kit and I like your idea with the back rail! That is just impressive. I never would have thought to try that.

I'll have to do some more searching as to why that bottom rail is taken off and new slots drilled. But so far I like what is going on, and the pictures help me with my upcomming build. Thanks!

Have fun!

Any reason you didn't split it in half? I Did that last night and it made it easier to trim down the scope rail in the back.

Also, How did you smooth the barrel where you removed the one rail to drill the holes? Interested to learn, as I removed most of it, but it's not perfectly smooth and rounded yet. Just the big thin rail is gone and still have that bump. I guess just sandpaper it down.

It is odd of the distro. The Colorado Springs area wallys got them in all over the place. Mostly the Clone blasters, but just about every wally around has 2 or 3 of the hasbro stormie blasters. I picked up 2, 1 for me 1 for a friend. We are also doing the doopys kit and I like your idea with the back rail! That is just impressive. I never would have thought to try that.

I'll have to do some more searching as to why that bottom rail is taken off and new slots drilled. But so far I like what is going on, and the pictures help me with my upcomming build. Thanks!

Have fun!

i sanded the letfover from the rail with my model files, you can buy a file kit for 12$ all you really need is a fine flat file and you' ll be able to do anything, the model one work best because they are small and easy to use....i ll post more pics as i go....

Well, I didn't buy the model one's persay, but I did pick up a file set based on your idea and it worked out like a champ! I think my kit came with 6 or 7 files for 12 bucks from Sears. All I buy is Craftsman (I'm a brand junkie) and those things were great. I have used them to no end on my blaster build.

Thanks for the great idea, and it's going to be fun watching your build.

Cool thing though, With the back rails, I actually got a small flat head screwdriver and scored my way through the edges of the bottom and top of the excess plastic and the part just snapped out in a perfect line with little effort. Kind of like using a hobby knife, but that didn't seem to work as well as the flat head screwdriver. The end result is just a little filing with the flat file like you said, and your good to go.

Next step now for me is some patch work with bondo and then getting ready for the doopys kit. I'm having such a hard time tracking down E-6000, I can't find that stuff anywhere. Checked Lowes, Home Depot, 3 wallys... nothing. I heard a fabric store like Jo-Annes, I'll have to try there next.

i bought some e-6000 at a local craft shop but it does not have to be absolutely e-6000 first time i opened it up the fumes reminded me of testors model glue....since then the darn cap is stuck so i ll have to buy some more.. there is a ton of brand of glue out there that probably perfom as better as e-6000...

today i carved out the area for the cocking handle...a little bit trcikier to do though but same idea, i drilled holes then i filed them up..the only caveat is that if you start in the front where there groove shows this is where the speaker is for your gun, you have to be carefull not to damage it...other then that...pretty smooth sailing on that part...the gf has the camera with her but when she is back i ll post some pics to show what i mean...

Edited by LittleOne

• 3 weeks later...

Part 2

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

cleaned the trigger part a bit and also drilled the holes under the gun part....well finished them out...

3-2.jpg

cleaned the site, it is possible to do it without damaging the gun...also i ll put some fimo in the sight to simulate the targetting site...i ll show you later how i will do it..

2-2.jpg

another view

and another one for good measure

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

cleaned the cocking handle part...will mod it and ad some part later...

5-1.jpg

cleaned up the scope area because i have some idea of a mod, just need to find what i need then i ll post it when i am done and explain it...

Edited by LittleOne

pretty much done for now. All i have to do if fill in the holes with bondo or something else then order a doopydoo kit, installs the few other mods i havein mind, then do the paint job... not gonna rush too much on this though... so when i get something done i ll post the updates...

have a good one folks... :)