DLT-19 build Mucho pics part 2

DLT19build016.jpgAt this point, I realized that I still needed to build the feed port cover. I posted a request for these measurements and the troops came to my rescue!! Thanks to all who responded. I built it from sheet styrene and attached it.Now onto painting! The whole was coated on Model Masters chrome. Gloss black was mixed in and used to give certain areas depth and an aged look. The grips and butt stock were painted gloss black.DLT19build017.jpgDLT19build018.jpgSince the muzzle was cast from a real MG34, the bi-pod collar slid right into the track. This was attached with the help of a screw and washer. The t tracks were cut to length and had the tops angle trimmed at the ends. A small channel was cut in the ends to accomodate the attaching wire. I initially superglued them then wrapped the wire around, twisted it tight and trimmed it underneath. The wire I used is small diameter electrical wire for model trains. I also used this on my e-11 for the hengstler to power cylinder connecting wires. The wire is copper core so when wrapped around a pencil, it held a nice tight coil.DLT19build019.jpgBefore the final assembly, I needed to paint the details so I went back to the chrome paint and with a fine brush I painted all the little paint chips for a weathered effect. I also dabbed the screw heads. I sprayed down the whole thing in satin poly for protection.DLT19build020.jpgDLT19build021.jpgDLT19build022.jpgDLT19build023.jpgDLT19build024.jpgDLT19build025.jpgFinally, the DLT-19 with its Imperial friends.DLT19build026.jpg

If enough people respond like you did......maybe. If the resin parts are still available. And the bi-pods.......a little tough to come by nowadays. Thanks for the kudos though!

Hey guys thanks for the kudos on the DLT. IT was a fun project and I would love to make a run of these however after seeing the first request for a run I scouted around for the guys I originally bought the resin pieces from and I can't find them. And then there is the issue of the bi-pods which are not that easy to come by. I suppose I could cast the one I have, but the other resin parts I used in my build are kind of permanantly attached now. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....if there is anyone out there that has an MG 34 and is willing to cast certain parts...hint hint. I will continue to look around and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.