Shoulder bell return edges

Unless you can view every single pull in the films, you can't make a definitive statement...and they weren't done by a machine and so were not all the same. There is so much variation between screencaps.

It does look small in the screencaps maybe 10mm or less.

Edit: Luke and Han seem to have pretty much no return....cheers John!

Edited by JoeR

Having a good look at Luke and Han will help you decide whats wrong and right.

You can't base it on one background stunt suit as they are just that, background stunts.

A little return edge is fine mate.....plus it stops them cracking when flexed ;)

Here's a shot of one shoulder bell from ANH but they really did differ from shoulder bell to shoulder bell....... In fact the return edges were so different on every bit of armour there is no wrong or right. Some had returns some didn't...

Btb60KA.jpg

Having a good look at Luke and Han will help you decide whats wrong and right.

You can't base it on one background stunt suit as they are just that, background stunts.

A little return edge is fine mate.....plus it stops them cracking when flexed ;)

Whaddya mean I can't base it on a background stunt?!? I'm doing a STUNT suit! :lol:

Bloody Heroes... :P

Yeah. Heroes taking away the thunder of those brave stunt folks!!

The way I see it, having a return edge makes it seem like more than just a piece of plastic, almost like there is more to it. However, you may have the issue of the return edge rubbing against the bicep plate. If you sand the edge a little though, this isn't much of an issue.

Lol, relax lads. I meant.....

We can't base what's right or wrong on just one TK......hero or stunt

Unless you want to replicate that particular chappy. In which ase, cool :)

I'm doing Luke ATM and am trying to replicate his as best I can, so in that sense I'm being a hypocrite lol

Do what you want dude, but like I said, the less lip you have, the less likely they are to crack as it allows the bell flex more.

The lip, stiffens it all

Yeah. That's kind of what I meant, too. Sorry if there was any confusion.

It really all comes down to personal preference. I have the AM kit, and all of those parts came with a certain amount of return edge, so maybe I'm biased. Or too lazy to sit and trim all of the return edge off. Some places look good with them on, I think. But do what you think looks best. I don't think CRL has anything to say about it.

I'm doing a pretty generic stunt, so I guess I have the option. I just think that a little return edge adds a lot of class to the look. Also, my kit isn't the best, so I'm really trying to nice it up anyway I can.