Armor cracked

J2H

Hello, finally got my armor (well, a few months back) but it has a crack in the shoulder/chest area (split)... is there some sort of putty or something I can use? Until then its pretty unwearable (too obvious).

What material is your kit? Do you have a photo? I had a piece of my TE2 chest piece split, I reinforced the back of the split with a piece of plastic clamp glued to stop it splitting further. The split was so narrow that I just had to polish it down a bit. It still might be noticeable, but I'm not gonna do more intrusive repairs unless it gets larger.

I would use a combination of what Bluegrot and seantrooper suggested. Support underneath with a strip of ABS or similar and then fill any seam on the outside with ABS paste (mix together abs shavings and a little acetone to make the paste) You can then sand it with 180 grit sandapaper and then again with 400 grit and use the deep scratch polish after that. Then use the other 2 polishes. Makes the crack almost invisible and you will still have a decent luster to the armor.