HOWTO: Create adjustable torso strapping

Ok for you all troopers not wanting to use the original strapping system - having the straps multi adjustable makes things a whole lot easier. Sometimes you may need to adjust the chest up or down for various reasons - like if you drank too much beer the night before or if you lost weight. I regularly gain or loose weight from troop to troop..

Anyway here is how i have my set-up. Simple and easy to adjust and very practical.

I use 2 inch elastic for the front of the torso - its strong and still haves a lot of give. And notice i am using s spring snaps mounted high in the chest and low down on the ab plate. Have them spaced further apart means that they is a lot of range or adjust-ability - perfect for practicality.

Here is the completed strap ready to fit,

MKgnsH6.jpg

Now i have the top snapped in place and looped over a 50mm buckle and the lower part threading through and back on itself. This on its own will not hold so i added velcro to the inside which is what makes this multi adjustable and simple.

If the strap is not long enough or too long simple pull the strap open and free the velcro adjust and close and they we are - perfect fitting armour.

Velcro on inside,

74L49cG.jpg

lwhIac5.jpg

50mm buckle,

148Mmdn.jpg

I added another piece of elastic to hold the end closed and neat and tidy,

NjkjKPh.jpg

Fitting in place,

89RsSCp.jpg

rAKBw40.jpg

fffhJBP.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, Mark - the system is so adjustable that now you're even wearing the abdomen on top of the chest!! ;):P

JK, looks like a nice alternative to SA strapping.