Off the shelf helmets

So my girlfriend had a great idea for a costume ball/dance we are going to in a few months. She is a huge SW fan, as am I. Her idea was for me to dress in a tux with a Vader helmet, and she and her friend will wear matching white cocktail dresses with Stormtrooper helmets. We have a Rubies Deluxe Vader helmet, So now I am on the hunt for two matching Stormtrooper helmets that look decent but won't break the bank.

I've seen a lot of helmets but the only two that are commonly available are either EFX (too expensive) or

(too ugly). I'd like to get both helmets for about $150 and I'd like them to look presentable sitting on the mantel flanking the Vader helmet when not in use. Any suggestions?

I saw

video on youtube. This seems like a real decent helmet (for my purposes) and at $70, fits well in to my budget. He says its a Rubies helmet, but it doesn't look anything like the rubies helmets I've seen for sale. Edited by justice91423

That's a rubies helmet for sure. For about 125 USD you can get a far better kit here from the boards. Look for CAP-W or ATA. May be over your budget, but they are far more accurate. You may need to build them yourself though.

That's a rubies helmet for sure. For about 125 USD you can get a far better kit here from the boards. Look for CAP-W or ATA. May be over your budget, but they are far more accurate. You may need to build them yourself though.

Do you know the model number or the exact name of that Rubies helmet? The only one I've seen for sale is the RUB-65005 which is much different than the one is the video.

I'd be willing to put the work in to a kit but $250 is not in the budget.

On 3/14/2011 at 5:53 PM, justice91423 said:

Do you know the model number or the exact name of that Rubies helmet? The only one I've seen for sale is the RUB-65005 which is much different than the one is the video.

I'd be willing to put the work in to a kit but $250 is not in the budget.

Yes, it's the "Supreme" stormtrooper helmet.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/rubies%20Stormtrooper%20Armor.htm

-------

Pictures shamelessly borrowed from starwarshelmets.com and ObiHan

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Ahhh. Okay. So is it only available when you buy the complete "Supreme" stormtrooper armor?

That, I have no idea of. Probably not. But it's a waste of money IMHO either way.

So, if anyone is curious... I spoke to a Rubies rep on the phone. The Rubies "Supreme" Stormtrooper Helmet (seen

) is currently only sold with the "Supreme" Stormtrooper Armor. However they have discontinued the "Collector's" Helmet (seen
) and will be replacing it with the "Supreme" Helmet this summer.

So, if anyone is curious... I spoke to a Rubies rep on the phone. The Rubies "Supreme" Stormtrooper Helmet (seen

) is currently only sold with the "Supreme" Stormtrooper Armor. However they have discontinued the "Collector's" Helmet (seen
) and will be replacing it with the "Supreme" Helmet this summer.

Eww that's one ugly helmet. The 1977 released helmets looked better than that.

How much are you looking to spend anyway?

The guy mentioned his budget in the first post ...

Hay , Justice ..why not put a wanted ad in the relevant section , you could get a couple of FX helmets off members who upgraded for cheap ...

Yeah the "Collectors" Helmet is a dog at that price. The "Supreme" helmet is decent IMO as long the price is the same.

I would really like to get both helmets for about $150. I've got a couple months so I'm hoping some used EFX helmets will come up on ebay. But that may be a pipe dream.

No offense meant by this brother, but it sounds like you're on the wrong forum.

It's a bit like someone wanting to get a quick snack trying to track down Chef Gordon Ramsay's home phone number in hopes he will sell them a cheap hamburger.

Just go to McDonald's.

I think TrooperVenger is right... for what you're wanting to spend, and what you're wanting it for, you're just going to have to do with what you can.

Good luck.

P.S. My hope is you'll get "infected" by looking through pictures on the forum and end up doing a proper, well funded, TK suit and joining the Legion.

No offense meant by this brother, but it sounds like you're on the wrong forum.

It's a bit like someone wanting to get a quick snack trying to track down Chef Gordon Ramsay's home phone number in hopes he will sell them a cheap hamburger.

Just go to McDonald's.

I think TrooperVenger is right... for what you're wanting to spend, and what you're wanting it for, you're just going to have to do with what you can.

Good luck.

P.S. My hope is you'll get "infected" by looking through pictures on the forum and end up doing a proper, well funded, TK suit and joining the Legion.

...And here I was thinking I would do with what I CAN'T.

Just to be clear, I was not trying to get anyone to "sell" me anything. I was just looking for an exchange of information, and I did get some useful information. "Thanks internet."

P.S. I am "infected" and I would love to do a proper helmet some day. But today my project is complete two girls costume party outfits.