30" inside leg with TE derived armour

Check out Stormtrooperguy's ATA build. I'm on my phone right now and its kinda dificult to link it, I can do it later tonight.

Notch out the back of the thighs.

Look at the trooper on the right (and compare it to the one on the left) in this scene from ESB.

The right guy is shorter.

--------

Notches are the way to start... if that's not enough trimming some off the top of the thighs is the next step.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have a 30" inseam I can walk just fine with no notches on TE / tour suit derived. If you've already notched them and they still hard to walk in, you could trim the tops? Do you have a photo of yourself in them? Wouldn't want to sacrifice the look too much for comfort (need to create a balance).

On 3/13/2011 at 8:41 AM, john danter said:

Cheers lads. Keep em coming.

I've done the notch but still think my thigh is slightly too short..?

I've already glued them front and back, so making them shorter now will be really tricky.

I cut these legs down after they were glued together...---

Edited by gmrhodes13

If you trim them you can use some of the extra abs strip to adjusted the look....

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

These are the photos Billy posted in Des Birch's thread over at the UKG:

R1rq5If.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...

i have the same inseam. I trimmed the tops of the thighs. Its a bit tricky but it works. i have an interesting way of building my thighs for my height/weight. I am going to add the pics to my build thread later tonight. My friend has my SD card reader so i wont be able to do it till later tonight. But basically yes i trimmed the tops and made the notch in the back. i also built them so they are pulled up enough that my entire knee is exposed. I know the shins will cover some of that in the front and it makes it way easier to walk/go up steps etc. Like Terry mentioned, i created a balance between comfort and accuracy

Edited by Darth Voorhees