Cleaning some adhesive off my armor - what to use?

Hey Troopers!

I did a test fit of my bicep armor and left the blue painter's tape on too long apparently, because after I removed the tape, a good portion of the adhesive is still on the armor. The area is sticky and when you look at it in the light you can see the imperfection on the surface.

The question is, what should I use to clean that off that won't hurt the armor? I tried a little dish washing soap and water, but that had no effect.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Zippo lighter fluid for ABS. Charcoal lighter fluid works too, and it also conditions the plastic.

If you let it soak in to the glue, there's no scrubbing; It just scrapes off in one big goober.

ive used goo gone, does the same thing as the lighter fluid. Not "oops", as that is solvent based and will damage the armor...Goo gone is citrus based and does not damage the armor at all...works a treat!

Thanks for all the quick replies, everybody! :duim:

I'll try the furniture polish idea first, since we have that available. If that doesn't work for whatever reason I'll start moving through the list of other suggestions.

ive used goo gone, does the same thing as the lighter fluid. Not "oops", as that is solvent based and will damage the armor...Goo gone is citrus based and does not damage the armor at all...works a treat!

I'll second that - goo gone has worked wonders for me on my helmet. Smells nicer than lighter fluid, too. :D

Thanks again for all the help, Troopers! The furniture polish (Pledge) did the job - it took two applications, but everything is back to normal. They have Goo Gone at our local Home Depot, so the next time I'm there (which will probably be soon as I keep discovering new things I need for my build!) I'm definitely picking up a bottle.