TD radio- Master to mould

Hi all

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

I posted this really for MEPD but thought some would like to see my progress.

It's just a lot of plastic, rubber and time really but nearly done

Well this took me a little longer than I planned and not quite finished but here we are at the minute.

All is scratchbuilt, I wont be making another in a hurry :-)

The yellow casting are from my initial masters, I cast as I go incase of mistakes and to amend the cast.

I have tried to incorporate the little details of the original and to be as accurate as possible. Inner ring for dial and sunken round head rivets.

Thanks to Woody I have added the bevel to the edges as the original so it looks less square and harsh, as does the original pic I used.

I hope I have the seperate depths about right

It measures a fraction over 8 1/2 " by exactly 6.6"

The dial cover is seperate and the dial and lense can be added in a recess on the baseplate first.

The switches will be optional up/down

The centre is seperate to allow it to be fixed to a box with screws, the switches and centre will then cover those

Still have to do the dials and redoing the centre-hence no pics of what I have

It will be as a complete front unit on plate

Will cast one this weekend and post, will offer these later if interested by not yet :-)(they will be quality but reasonable like my tips-this hobby can be v expensive ;) )

Love to hear your comments.

Best wishes

Master

XbdCG0A.jpg

0yGmbH2.jpg

Mould prep

iEXl2lJ.jpg

Moulds

ZzFSdn7.jpg

Initial Masters

YO6fF8E.jpg

Hi all,

I really appreciate the comments and best wishes

A good day on casting, I now have these,

8iu2vej.jpg

It took 2 kg of rubber and I am not happy with the centre but my aim is to upgrade that bit, hence the breakdown next, the bits are loose and not glued

gJP3RKk.jpg

8iu2vej.jpg

Also thank someone for plastic polish, TO CLEAN THE WORKTOP BEFORE MY WIFE SEES IT, my not so good workshop and bad casts

lHaQOJY.jpg

JvWZywJ.jpg

I still need to do the knobs and handles but all being well it will be finished soon, I am on a deadline as i want to Troop in May-Smally and Woody have been a great help

All will have the switch inserts as on the left one, its a plug with a pre sunk hole so you can drill and add the switch lever, it can also be turned for a variety-all up-all.down-all. Up-down/down-up.

Please keep looking as I will be doing the hadles and knobs over the next 2 weeks, and the centre changes that I am not happy with

Best wishes

gra