What were Hengstlers used for in 'real' life?

SamJ

I know this is a weird one but does anyone know what Hengstler's were used for in real life?

I'm trying to find a picture of a machine that would use one for a different E-11 display but every time I search I just get linked to SW sites. :)

Hengstler counters are used for a variety of purposes in real life.

If you want to see an array of different counters go to:

Hengstler Counters - product list

They are still being produced and used in industry today. I'm not sure they were used on the actual Sterling MK-IV SMG, because every gunsmithing catalog or manual I've seen on them does not have a hengstler counter in use. So I doubt they were used in real life, only added to the gun for the movies.

i is an impulse counter, having worked in a factory i have seen similar devices used to do box/bag counting on an packaging production line ...

i is an impulse counter, having worked in a factory i have seen similar devices used to do box/bag counting on an packaging production line ...

That's good enough for me. It only needs to be an example of a possible use. Thanks :D

Edited by SamJ

They're the kind of thing that would count the number of tins if beans passing them on a conveyor. That kind of thing

Just a simple mechanical counter. The contacts feed into a relay that just pulses the count up +1 each time

A former supplier of Hengstlers once told me that when he sourced a batch they had come from someone stripping out an old telephone exchange.

And they reported there were boxes full.