Painting mic tips

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the answers ive gotten in the last few days regarding my helmet. I am about to paint the mic tips and had a quick question. Do I leave the inside white? looking at reference pics it just looks white to me.

Sorry for the stupid question, but ive learned the hard way the last few weeks to ask anyway and save myself a lot of trouble.

Thanks again

Also.. this is going to be ANH stunt helmet if that matters.

Edited by Wiggleplum

Depends on if you're copying a specific helmet or not.

For instance, my sandtrooper has black on the inside because it's copied from the "move along" trooper... the only sandtrooper with all black.

There's one trooper in ANH who has one white and one black mic tip.

And for my ESB bucket I'm leaving the insides white.

So it's up to you... but if you're copying a movie or trooper so some research from the movies to see if they were painted or not!

Measure twice, cut once, and ask 1,000 times! :salute:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the answers ive gotten in the last few days regarding my helmet. I am about to paint the mic tips and had a quick question. Do I leave the inside white? looking at reference pics it just looks white to me.

Sorry for the stupid question, but ive learned the hard way the last few weeks to ask anyway and save myself a lot of trouble.

Thanks again

Also.. this is going to be ANH stunt helmet if that matters.

Mine is black, i just liked that look. So its really up to you. If you want to replicate a screen helm or just for your preference. Also I am not to sure if this is just me but I believe it makes it harder for others to see your eyes with the black inside which could allow for lighter lens perhaps.

Mine is black, i just liked that look. So its really up to you. If you want to replicate a screen helm or just for your preference. Also I am not to sure if this is just me but I believe it makes it harder for others to see your eyes with the black inside which could allow for lighter lens perhaps.

lol... this topic is about the mic tips... not the general insides of the helmet. :P just so you know.

lol... this topic is about the mic tips... not the general insides of the helmet. :P just so you know.

Yeah I just noticed. I was talking on my cell to a guy at work about the inside of the helmet and got myself confused. Lol sorry Wiggleplum

Yeah I just noticed. I was talking on my cell to a guy at work about the inside of the helmet and got myself confused. Lol sorry Wiggleplum

lol. it's bound to happen.

• 2 months later...