Putting on decals before enamel fully cures.

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question... Its been about 3 or 4 days since I painted my helmet with Rustoleum enamel, and i can still stick a nail into the paint but its dry to touch and will leave a fingerprint if i press hard. Is it OK to go ahead and put my decals on and paint the frown and ears? If so, I would like to go ahead and finish it and put it on display on my desk and let it fully cure there for as long as it takes.

Thanks

On 2/22/2011 at 7:02 AM, Wiggleplum said:

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question... Its been about 3 or 4 days since I painted my helmet with Rustoleum enamel, and i can still stick a nail into the paint but its dry to touch and will leave a fingerprint if i press hard. Is it OK to go ahead and put my decals on and paint the frown and ears? If so, I would like to go ahead and finish it and put it on display on my desk and let it fully cure there for as long as it takes.

Thanks

Michael don't make that mistake . Paint and vinyl can cause a bad reaction .You wanna wait minimum 2 months before you put those on cause it might end up like this

----

(sorry i never worked with Rustolum ) :lol:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

wait for it to cure, I did what you want to do with my AP, ended up damaging the paint job and got reaaaally mad, almost threw it away, but I calmed down and took it to my cousin who works in an auto paint shop to do the paint and to give it to me when its ready

I guess I'm the voice of bad judgement. I put my decals on about 2 hours after I painted ;)

(seriously, I really did)

so did it turn out alright? lol. :)

lol, how did it turn out?

no issues. i'm sure they'd never come off, but why would i take them off?

speed-painting is a hobby of mine. i once did a fully layered return of the jedi boba fett in 1 day. i cook the paint with high heat, paint in super thin coats every couple of minutes, mask the moment things are dry enough to handle it etc...

patience is not a virtue i possess :)