Drilling holes in an AP lid.

I have just started to put together me AP lid and was wondering, there are indentations on the sides where the bolts should go to hold the face to the cap and back. Should I drill the indentations or should I hold the bucket together with clamps and drill where I think they should go. I know that three of the holes are to hold the ears on. Hope I'm making sense :blink:

This may not be screen accurate but I use pop rivets to attach the front to the back...these are not on the dents as the screws are supposed to go into those holes... then I use screws to hold the ear on. The dents don't always line up on both. This makes it easier to assm the helmet...IMO

TMC

If you use the recommended drill marks you will get a very low, almost Hero brow. If you want some white between the eyes, use them as a reference, then adjust until you get the desired amount of space.

I have just started to put together me AP lid and was wondering, there are indentations on the sides where the bolts should go to hold the face to the cap and back. Should I drill the indentations or should I hold the bucket together with clamps and drill where I think they should go. I know that three of the holes are to hold the ears on. Hope I'm making sense :blink:

Rob, using my premarked holes will get you a helmet that looks exactly like the photos I sent you.

As you can see there's 3 premarked holes on each side, the middle hole is to attach the face plate, the other 2 are for the ear pieces, you can just drill the middle hole and swivel face plate to desired angle to make desired brow trim sapcing, then drill proper new holes for the ear parts which will hold everything togheter.

Mark

Edited by ABS80

Mark, I'm helping Dan (Debater2nd) build an AP lid and we were discussing exactly this. Can you post a photo of the end result if you use the premarked holes?