Armor is on the way and wondering what is next.

Hi mate

Well congrats and welcome.

Building a TK can be as easy / hard / addictive as you like but there are plenty of tutorials that will take you through it.

I would not say 501 compatibale is the most important as a good build is the foundation. A well put together TK can be made 501 and EIB compatible, providing it has been put together well in the first place.

You will need to spend a little, or a lot, to make it really accurate, but I would suggest tackling a little thing at a time.

I must say one of the most useful tools I have used I made myself, this will not be on any tutorials as I have looked but it helps.

P1010675.jpg

Take a length of STRAIGHT wood, dry, about 12 inches long.

Cut 2 pieces of ABS or the like and glue all together with epoxy glue.

On top glue a rough and medium sandpaper, one each side.

I use this tool for straight lines, for all the shims and any lines I need to be really straight, a file will move with the hand.

The hand can do the finer grade papers

PM any questions but there is so much help here, just do not rush, a good TK kit, built well holds its value, but do it right first time.

Regards

Gra

As for the weapon, well you could spend another life on that alone, I would say get the TK built, looking right and wearable. By the you will be compleletly addicted by then, have 10 helmets, want to buy a real SMG, have bought lots of upgrades and want a manniquin. But its all here mate.

:-)

The armour is the first stage

Edited by tk7713gra30

Welcome to the fold Michael!! You'll find plenty of help here!! Peruse all the threads you can on every topic. Helmet Electronics. EIB requirements. AM Build Threads. Gloves. Boots. Holster, Thermal Detonator. Neck Seal. Fans. Speakers. The list goes on and on!! Happy to have you here, Señor!!

LaterDays,

- Berban

Welcome aboard Michael!

Just look over the Tutorials and HOW to's / Tips that Panda post above.

Here is a link for tools you will need: Basic tools needed for armour building

BTW which kit did you buy, and which of the black armor are you doing, a regular TX (Blackhole/Shadow) or the Novatrooper?

Also if you have not been on the Special Operations Detachment, not forget to pop in over there and say hi!

Here is the Blackhole / Shadow Stormtrooper CRL link

Here is the Novatrooper CRL link or if your going to set it up a notch then here: Elite Novatrooper CRL

The one thing more have fun with your build, do not rush, take your time. Also, take lots of pix. If you need help, have questions or want advice, just post.

Also if you need hands-on help, your local 501st Garrison can help you. Here is a link where you can find your local 501st: http://www.501st.com/ Each Garriosn/Squad/Outpost has a site/forum, jump on your local 501st's forum and introduce yourself, and tell them about what you are going to do with your build.

I the others have already beat me to it. If you want to make a list of things to get, you'll need...Well this is what I have and have been using.

Glue (E-6000).

Needle files.

Sandpaper (Various grades).

Clamps.

Peg clamps.

Earth magnets.

Masking tape.

Elastic.

Webbing.

Snaps.

Rivet gun and rivets.

Steel ruler.

Utility knife.

Drill.

Industrial velcro.

Heat gun (Not essential)

Edited by TrooperVenger

I the others have already beat me to it. If you want to make a list of things to get, you'll need...Well this is what I have and have been using.

Glue (E-6000).

Needle files.

Sandpaper (Various grades).

Clamps.

Peg clamps.

Earth magnets.

Masking tape.

Elastic.

Webbing.

Snaps.

Rivet gun and rivets.

Steel ruler.

Utility knife.

Drill.

Industrial velcro.

Heat gun (Not essential)

-a large mirror !

-a cd player for those long building hours.

-coffee or beer.

Edited by Quebectrooper

The biggest piece of advice I have for you is to TAKE YOUR TIMEEEEEE

Measure 5435415143 times, cut once. I say this because I made a lot of mistakes on my build, all were fixable, but it really set me back a lot. Ask any of us for help, and if you are unsure of a cut or feature of your kit, study up on it.

You will have a lot of fun, building my armor was the best part of this whole adventure for me.

About your blaster question, do you already have one picked out??

i spent most of the time waiting for my armor studying the screencaps and eib/build threads. for me anyway, getting to know the stormtrooper design as a whole is one of the most important parts of a build, and to me is just as important as the trimming sanding and nuts and bolts of the build ;) it made the big brown box of plastic much less intimidating, and knowing where most everything is supposed to go from the start was a plus :P