THANKYOU to Sonnenschein

Hi all,

I do not wish to embarass Karin but I must thank her publicly for all the help she has given me and offered to all in making latex handguards.

A few months ago I saw her tutorial and promised myself I would give it a go, it was already shown on her thread how unselfish and willing to offer advice she is.

2011 came, and as I have mentioned before, I promised myself I would start the year, and hopefully end with doing and finishing all the things I mean to do and want to do.

I gathered the items needed, made a start and messaged Karin. Through EVERY step I got advice, help, and points I could improve on. Sometimes within minutes of asking, she is always watching :D

I followed Karins instructions exactly ( I messed up on one bit but that was my fault).

I can honestly say this was one of the most accurate and easiest tutorials I have ever followed.

Karin offers these handguards for sale, yet her willingness to offer ALL the knowlegde she has gained, I feel, deserves one of the highest recommedations within this board, and I am sure there are others that will agree.

We sometimes find people with knowledge, yet thay are unwilling or scared to pass on. Karin is none of these.

I Thank you Karin and I urge anyone to follow the tutorial, if you so wish, it really does work, and is exactly what it says on the tin.

My 1st run guards (for own use obviously- I want to make 3 accurate sets) next to my large inaccurate MFX

QrQiCO9.jpg

4dNPstt.jpg

If others feel the same please add

regards

gra

Graham,

I don't know what to say... I literally speechles... Thank you for your praise and kind words... (You too, Rick und Mathias).

And Graham you're too giving something to this community with your budget tips.

I am just happy to have helped you! Your hanguards look great!

And I even have a great solution for you:

As you said, your guardfs a little to big: Connsider them your new master tools!

You should have no problems geting them out of the plaster, you don't even need an release agent.!

To solve the missing top layer: dremel or carve or groove to simulate the top layer, or - even better - bush several thin layers of latex on top of it! (don't forget to mask)

Graham,

I don't know what to say... I literally speechles... Thank you for your praise and kind words... (You too, Rick und Mathias).

And Graham you're too giving something to this community with your budget tips.

I am just happy to have helped you! Your hanguards look great!

And I even have a great solution for you:

As you said, your guardfs a little to big: Connsider them your new master tools!

You should have no problems geting them out of the plaster, you don't even need an release agent.!

To solve the missing top layer: dremel or carve or groove to simulate the top layer, or - even better - bush several thin layers of latex on top of it! (don't forget to mask)

Perfect, thanks yet again, I never thought of using those as the new master.

Mould 2 on its way and will add the top ridge as you suggested this time, I promise. :D

You deserve the praise Karin, my best wishes

Graham