AP 2nds advice

Hi again,

Well you may have noticed I am posting a lot recently, that is because my 2011 promise to myself is to actually finish some of the many projects I have.

i am 39 this year and am also a modeller and already have more than a lifetimes work.

Well No2 of my 7 helmets is my AP 2nd.

I never noticed why it was a second until, and this may be the norm, the right rear back sink ( dip)

My is?

Should I fill or can I leave as is, it will be a Sandy and was always my intention to be but I would like your advice.

I cut the eyes specific as leaving the edge and went for an average raised brow.

Also have I shaped it ok and any points appreciated

Fz3EBHu.jpg

Xhr13Qn.jpg

Aw1Jrwm.jpg

very many thanks, I am not a lover of cats being on worktops but we lost our dog a little time ago and now I do not mind if my little fried is interested,his name is Rory

Regards

Graham

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I would remove the ears, then sand and contour them to fit a bit better to the helmet. You will always have some gap though, but yours can be reduced down a bit....

Hi mate,

I agree the ears could be thinner but my question is the dip in the helmet, should I fill or should I make the ear profile fit, at the minute they are level all the way round, i don't really like wavy ear pieces but will go with what your guys think

All the best

gra

Hi mate,

I agree the ears could be thinner but my question is the dip in the helmet, should I fill or should I make the ear profile fit, at the minute they are level all the way round, i don't really like wavy ear pieces but will go with what your guys think

All the best

gra

It is a personal preference. Some people want the ears to fit seamless, and some people want to have the gaps like the original screen used lids had.

It is up to you if you want to go for, idealized or screen accurate.

BTW, here are some pix of original TK lids so you can see the gap between the ears and the helmet to help you decide:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Tom, many thanks, you have helped me big time,

Thanks mate

As you know from my Sandy lid, I am ok, IF it is screen true.

I will leave it as I am happy.

Now for the little bits and it will be up and running, at this rate I am turning out 1 every 2 weeks :D

Regards

Gra