Blue Tube Stripes

I'm making my own blue vinyl tube stripes, and I want to get the color as accurate as possible. Can anyone supply me with an accurate digital color file (like a scan of a stripe) or a Pantone, Trumatch, or HKS color library #? I already have the stripes, I just want to tweak the color.

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks!

TC

Nobody?! I can't believe it. I know that the originals where not exactly consistent, but with so many ultra-specific guidelines and accuracy concerns, I'm shocked that a color guide hasn't been established.

FOR SHAME, TROOPS!

(not really...I am still shocked though.)

:)

T

Good luck Thomas! I'd just got the basic dark blue at the vinyl shop. I'll have to cut out my own stripes today....it would've been nice if it came with the FX kit instead of the grey.... :huh:

P.S. Thanks for the helmet trim, like it a lot better than the FX trim offered. ^_^

Nobody?! I can't believe it. I know that the originals where not exactly consistent, but with so many ultra-specific guidelines and accuracy concerns, I'm shocked that a color guide hasn't been established.

FOR SHAME, TROOPS!

(not really...I am still shocked though.)

:)

T

Hmmmm...shocked over what? :unsure: maybe I misread your quote, but it sounds like you answered your own question Machorascal "I know that the originals where not exactly consistent" just like painting HIPS...what gloss white works for you is what works for you...as far as my wisdom knows, the specific colors used in the films are lost to time, and the original helmets colors are not the same being over 30 years old now after oxidizing...heck we don't have a definite on the right color for the lenses... :) what kind/make of helmet are you painting these stripes on? :unsure:

It's for an FX helmet. "Shocked" sounds a bit more dramatic than I meant it to. What I meant was, there seems to be a standard for everything, even though the consistency of the originals is, well, inconsistent. I thought by now there had surely become some "standard" for the tube stripes. I thought someone would post something like "even though nothing about the originals is consistent, most of us have settled on Humbrol blue#4," etc.

I'm glad to know I can go ahead with the shade I chose and not expect any harsh critiques.

The "for shame" comment was a joke, too...if I offended anyone, just being silly.

Anthony, I'm glad you got your trim and you like it! Post some pics in that other thread!

TC

It's for an FX helmet. "Shocked" sounds a bit more dramatic than I meant it to. What I meant was, there seems to be a standard for everything, even though the consistency of the originals is, well, inconsistent. I thought by now there had surely become some "standard" for the tube stripes. I thought someone would post something like "even though nothing about the originals is consistent, most of us have settled on Humbrol blue#4," etc.

I'm glad to know I can go ahead with the shade I chose and not expect any harsh critiques.

The "for shame" comment was a joke, too...if I offended anyone, just being silly.

Anthony, I'm glad you got your trim and you like it! Post some pics in that other thread!

TC

No, no offense at all, :D Well, in my humble opinion...The color of blue is pretty much left up to your judgment...We have all seen enough screen caps to make an inference on the rite shade...and I'm sure your not going to choose some metallic Neon Blue bordered with Neon Pink :lol: Good luck and keep up the good work! :duim::salute:

geordietrooper said:
this link may be of use 

-----

thanks to tk300

there you go... :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Here is a pic of the Hero stripes.

-----

Not Midnight blue (you can see where it was touched up with that shade.

Even taking into account years of fading Midnight blue is the wrong hue.

Doug

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

wannab said:
Here is a pic of the Hero stripes.

-----

Not Midnight blue (you can see where it was touched up with that shade.

Even taking into account years of fading Midnight blue is the wrong hue.

Doug

Yeah It looks more like an Indigo Blue :unsure: