ANH kit on ebay

Vatta

Stay away! looks like some recasting going on...

In his auction he states: 0.060 thickness Waaaaay TOO thin for trooping. You want in a HIPS kit about 0.090 thickness. About 0.080 thickness is normal for ABS kits.

Don't get fool by ebay, if it sounds too good to be true ....well... you know the rest. ;)

Check out the vendors here ( good product, good reputation):

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

If price is the first thing on your mind, then look at ATA (made of 0.090 HIPS).

ATA's kits are around the same price and better quality to the one that you looked at on eBay.

My 2 cent.

Can you believe THAT?!°?!??!?!?!?

This is not a copied set. I am a sculpter and I have done a lot of research and used many reference shots to make my own molds. This is an original suit, is my interperitation of the Stormtrooper costume, and comes in white or black.

Man, a TM wannabe laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Everybody knows there can be only one ;)

I am a sculpter and I have done a lot of research and used many reference shots to make my own molds.

Yeah...right.

He has done so much research with his reference shots that he can't even paint his helmet right.

Those tube stripes are an "interpretation", it seems. And let's not talk about the mic tips. ;)

• 1 month later...

I bought from the guy prior to learning anything about recasters and such when I was just another noob looking to get into the 501st. If he is a recaster I guess I'm wearing a recast suit. I was approved with his black armor and it hasn't given me any problems yet. It's a clean set and fits me 5'10" 200 pretty well. The helmet is definately on the thin side and the mic tips are terrible. I will be upgrading as soon as I can probably to speaker mics.

But in all honesty his armor has done well and got me approved so I guess I am vouching for him and his quality. If anyone hads any questions for me personally feel free to send me a PM. Hope this info helps some people.

Here's my build thread on SpecOps =)

http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/index.php?/topic/346-acjays-nova-approved-20110125/

Edited by ACJay

I bought from the guy prior to learning anything about recasters and such when I was just another noob looking to get into the 501st. If he is a recaster I guess I'm wearing a recast suit. I was approved with his black armor and it hasn't given me any problems yet. It's a clean set and fits me 5'10" 200 pretty well. The helmet is definately on the thin side and the mic tips are terrible. I will be upgrading as soon as I can probably to speaker mics.

But in all honesty his armor has done well and got me approved so I guess I am vouching for him and his quality. If anyone hads any questions for me personally feel free to send me a PM. Hope this info helps some people.

Here's my build thread on SpecOps =)

http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/index.php?/topic/346-acjays-nova-approved-20110125/

Yep, of course you can be approved with it, but buying from this kind of people encourages recasting, not the best thing to do from my point of wiew ;)

As I told before I bought from him a helmet, thinking it was an AP. When it arrived it was horrible; very thin (too thin for trooping, but it could do the job for display) poor paint job, really bad stickers and I won't talk about the mic tips... Anyways I reworked it, and it went quite well :

168781_500972914951_743729951_6229913_1034930_n.jpg

By the way the helmet pictured in the auction is mine; you can see the quality of the guy's craftsmanship...

Really guys, stay away from this one. It requires too much work to look good, too thin for trooping, and obvious recast :angry:

Edited by moonwalker