Best thing to seal ear seams

Hello fellow troopers. I'm working on a new ABS helmet kit I just got and have a question. I had a fiasco with my 1st helmet I got from the ebay seller "MakerofThings", and ended up trashing that worthless kit. Now, I have a bright, new, shiny ABS kit that looks wonderful.

I'm up to trimming and placing the ears on it, and wondered what you all use to fill in any gaps along the seams between the earpieces and the helmet sides. I was thinking caulk, but you would prolly want something with a bit of flex to it. I figued you would use someting that will give a good smooth seal, and not need alot of sanding. Any ideas?

Also, even though the helmet looks like it needs no finish on it, is it o.k. to paint an ABS helmet? I mean would there be paint adhesion issues with the kit? I've never painted ABS before, and was curious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much, and long live the Empire!

Sincerely,

"NewTrooper2" :smiley-sw013:

Just trim the ears to fit carefully. A dremel helps to fine tune the shape.

While ABS can be painted, I don't see the need to do that if it already matches the armor in terms of color and finish. Just polish it with Novus polish, or buff it with fine scratch remover (autobody) and then polish it. Trust me, it will be very shiny!

Polyseamseal makes a good white high gloss caulk. check out home depot or Lowes to get a tube. Its in a squeeze tube and not a tube that goes in a gun. Its called Polyseamseal Ultra. It could save you the hassle of a repaint.

Oh yeah, they all had gaps. Awful things to get right. So I'm glad the originals did have gaps, but I love the hair drier idea :)

If you get the flat bit lined up and hold it in place with say a thin book or something....? you can use a pencil to trace the outline, that helps

NrrkPsl.jpg

PaEyz9v.jpg

Mark the ears L/R first, and front/back as if you're anything like me, you'll do the wrong ears and then try again the wrong way around lol

John