Matching paint

I'm a tad bigger than my GF kit in the thighs and biceps. I'd like to make my shims as undetectible as possible. I'm only going to need about 1 inch. I was going to work the edges of the shim/ armor to appear as 1 piece, but I'll need to fill and paint. The pieces will be permantley glued so the flexibility shouldn't be a problem.

I called the auto paint store to get a custom match to the ABS. It can be done, but California EPA doesn't allow it to be put in a spray can, I'll have to mix it with a hardener and shoot it out of an HVLP. Which is not a problem, I have all the stuff to do it, but it's labor intensive and messy.

Is there a stock spray can color that matches the ABS armor? What brand and finish is it? Is it a satin? Thanks all.

ABS white can actually be different shades; i.e.: one armor maker can make his armor is ABS white as well as another. You then mix and match parts, you could have a suit that doesn't quite match completely (seen this happen a couple times). You may have to try several options.

It may be worthwhile to paint the whole suit. Not as nice as pure ABS per se, but then at least all the parts would match exactly. It's not much of a stretch - all clone armor for instance are painted, as are all TE2 suits.

Not sure what the "experts" use, but most clone kits and the RC kits are ABS and they are all painted. IIRC you have to first prime it for sure then add the color on to that. I know Krylon paints are used for the color but can't recall for the base. I bet someone on CTN would know for sure :)

Yes you have to use primer first. Be sure to lightly sand the surface before you prime. Then you can use either Krylon Fusion, or Krylon H2O. The H2O has a nicer finish to it, but I don't know how flexable it is.