Promotional Stormtrooper

A rare, never before seen pose.

Great shot there , that looks remarkably like the Hero TM replicated a few years ago as seen on starwars helmets .com B)

Great shot there , that looks remarkably like the Hero TM replicated a few years ago as seen on starwars helmets .com B)

Boots are the give away CAboots,just goes to show the TM is as close as you can get.

anyone who has stared at the promo photos long enough knows that this is close but not real.

like everyone else says the boots are the give away.

but you can also tell that it's not weathered the same. weathering is really tough to replicate!

and some of the tells are in the small details.

that suit is a really excellent replica!

Yes I am in the armor.

The Caboots are 1 of 3 pairs that I own, but I am having some issues with the more screen accurate boots pushing up the shins

as I walk.

So, the Caboots, which don't push the shins up, are on until I figure it out.

Can i say Chris you look absolutley awsome mate, what are the other boots you have are they TK boots by any chance ?

and also is it TM 1MM armour, what ever it is it looks fansatic B)

Edited by SW1

Thanks! My other boots are TKBoots and some vintage chelsea. All are painted with latex paint. Yes, my armor is 1mm TM. This shins are so light weight, that they easily get forced upwards by the boots. The Caboots are the only boots that allow the shins to stay in place. Never foresaw this problem as I never had this issue with the styrene armor.

Thanks! My other boots are TKBoots and some vintage chelsea. All are painted with latex paint. Yes, my armor is 1mm TM. This shins are so light weight, that they easily get forced upwards by the boots. The Caboots are the only boots that allow the shins to stay in place. Never foresaw this problem as I never had this issue with the styrene armor.

Hi Chris ,

Thats one nice suit to be proud of mate , with regard to the shins riding up by the other boots have you tryed putting a small sqaure of industrail velcro hook side of velcro on the top frount part of the boot and the fluffy side of velcro inside at the bottom of the shin , that should stop the shins riding up ;)

SW1: That's a great idea that never crossed my mind. I usually find that additions like extra foam or velcro here and there never really work out, so I am trying to keep the strapping and such original and strictly screen authentic. However, I don't care for the Caboots and I think I will try that. Thanks for the tip. Did you have the same problem with your boots and shins?

SW1: That's a great idea that never crossed my mind. I usually find that additions like extra foam or velcro here and there never really work out, so I am trying to keep the strapping and such original and strictly screen authentic. However, I don't care for the Caboots and I think I will try that. Thanks for the tip. Did you have the same problem with your boots and shins?

All ways a pleasure to help a fellow trooper out mate B) , this is a strange one because i used to have the shins riding up on my TM 2mm glossed suit when i was wearing my TK boots so thats when i put the Industrail velcro on, you do need the industrail velcro it is so much stronger , i know iam like you Chris i wanted to keep everything screen accurate but i gues whos going to see it any way plus i do quite a bit of trooping to and it was the only way to keep the shins from riding up, now this is where i say it was strange when i got my TM 1mm from Paul i dont have this probleam with the shins riding up so no velcro , the only thing i can think of why the shins are not riding up is i think my TK boots have really been warn in from all the trooping and so the 1mm shins have found there postion if that makes sence:D

when you put the velcro on put a dab of glue on the back of the velcro just for a bit of extra strenth ;)

The shin problem could be down to the ankles being too tight or the boots too wide. Are the CAboots tighter than your Loakes Chris?

Maybe try leaving a lower shin strap undone and see how they feel?

Good Point there Paul i must admit my lower shin straps on my 1mm shins are quite lose around my ankles , where as the 2mm shins were quite tight around my ankles hence them riding up . and that was TK boots on both sets of shins.

Stephen: Will do on the velcro. I have plenty of industrial grade in both white and black. Going to add the velcro tonight. My TKboots haven't been worn much at all, so they aren't broken in, so, like you said, that might be the problem. They actually force my shins up the most. More so than the chelsea boots.

Here is a link to my flickr account with a few more pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15414984@N07/

I had another issue that I was unaware of during the photo shoot. I had added some foam on the sides in the helmet, which, due the the flexibility of the thin ABS, it makes the rubber brow dip down too much over the eyes when I stuff my head inside. I didn't have access to a mirror during the shoot, so I never knew.

Because of that, I think I'm gonna redo the shoot. I will still be adding more pics from this first shoot over the next couple of days, if anyone cares to look at them!

Edited by Veedox

Paul :

The Caboots are tighter at the top than the Loakes. Also, never thought to leave the last strap undone. I will try that before resorting to velcro. Though, I don't think that will solve it.

Really, these new shins are just so light that they are easily displaced with any ankle movements, and they want to move upwards and slip off the boot as I walk. Especially the chelsea boots, which aren't as tall.

I really hate it, because I cannot easily bend over to fix them when I am in the suit. Just because it's flexible doesn't make it any more comfy to wear!

Stephen: Will do on the velcro. I have plenty of industrial grade in both white and black. Going to add the velcro tonight. My TKboots haven't been worn much at all, so they aren't broken in, so, like you said, that might be the problem. They actually force my shins up the most. More so than the chelsea boots.

Here is a link to my flickr account with a few more pics:

http://www.flickr.co...s/15414984@N07/

I had another issue that I was unaware of during the photo shoot. I had added some foam on the sides in the helmet, which, due the the flexibility of the thin ABS, it makes the rubber brow dip down too much over the eyes when I stuff my head inside. I didn't have access to a mirror during the shoot, so I never knew.

Because of that, I think I'm gonna redo the shoot. I will still be adding more pics from this first shoot over the next couple of days, if anyone cares to look at them!

OMG there bloody amazing Pics Chris , with regards to the helmet just take the foam out of the side and just have the origanal foam leaf , but realy Chris i cant say it shows that much in the pics , can i ask how tall you are mate?

Stephen,

Thanks for the kudos again, I really appreciate it coming from a trooper of your high caliber.

I put the foam on the sides because I cannot use the chin elastic with the snap while trooping. While it's a neat screen accurate touch, the chin strap is difficult to undo with my armor/gloves on while trooping. I still have the foam leaf inside too, but I needed something else in there to supplement that. That's why I added foam. Just like I said before, usually adding stuff to the original setup, never really works! So, I will remove the foam on the sides.

I am right at 6'0 tall. I would say I am a frog hair too tall for the perfect size.

Stephen,

Thanks for the kudos again, I really appreciate it coming from a trooper of your high caliber.

I put the foam on the sides because I cannot use the chin elastic with the snap while trooping. While it's a neat screen accurate touch, the chin strap is difficult to undo with my armor/gloves on while trooping. I still have the foam leaf inside too, but I needed something else in there to supplement that. That's why I added foam. Just like I said before, usually adding stuff to the original setup, never really works! So, I will remove the foam on the sides.

I am right at 6'0 tall. I would say I am a frog hair too tall for the perfect size.

I must admit Chris when i troop that can be an issue with helmet strap thats why now i get in to a habit of putting my lid on first then do the strap then put the gloves on , then when i want to remove the lid i have to take my gloves of first then undo the strap bit of a pain but got in to a habit now just guess it was what they had to do back in 1977 oh the strive for accuracy luv it ;)

I only ask your height because i wonded if that was giving you a probleam with the shins riding up the boots but then again we cant go and shorten your legs down a tad ;) but seriosly Chris you defently look the part mate as the promo stormy :dancing-trooper: