Thought I had a nice find.. Then I opened the package.....

First thing.. I hope this is in the correct forum... I was at one of the local, well I call it the Dollar Tree of Tool stores -Harbor Frieght.. and I was walking down the glove aisle when I saw black rubber gloves for 5 bucks.. figured hey I will need those if im going to shoot for EIB.. and at a great price...I opened them up after getting home.... and well I dont think they are going to cut it.. Thought that I would post a couple of pics here just to verify..

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I actually just found those a little while ago.. I started looking for something aside from just rubber gloves, searched for neoprene and what do you know.. there they were... I starting to wonder if I was going to have to spray plasti-dip on a pair of orange ones from wal-mart.... :lol:

Just run to Home Depot, they have two different brands. One over in the paint area, and one in the cleaning supplies. Both are the black chemical cleaning gloves and will work.

Ā 

BTW, I have also seen black chemical cleaning gloves in Walmart as well.

Just run to Home Depot, they have two different brands. One over in the paint area, and one in the cleaning supplies. Both are the black chemical cleaning gloves and will work.

Ā 

BTW, I have also seen black chemical cleaning gloves in Walmart as well.

Ā 

My local Home Depots stock the black chemical gloves in the "tool" area. You may have to look around, as the staff at home depot aren't always the brightest crayons in the box when it come to products on the floor. :6:

Edited by Defiance7x13

Actually hit the depot today... picked up both types, ill try em on and see which ones i like best. grabbed those then walked around the store for an hour; giving up some Saturday Mountaineer Football time,convinced that today might be the day that I stumble across another inexpensive t-track substitute.....ill save that for another post.. (currently working on one, just want to get a trial run in and see how it goes, before I set myself up for possible public humilation) :o

Don't ya just love it when you are in a Home improvement/hardware store, trying to see if you might run across that little greeblie for whatever you are working on, when an associate ask ya if they can help you, and ask "what is your project".... I joke with them and say, It's either going to be some prop thing or a weapon of mass destruction. :shok: You can see the look on the face when I say that to them :blink: Then I tell them I am joking...maybe.... :lol: They either help me with what I am doing OR leave me alone... :D Either way, it is loads of fun.

I have found that no matter what I am looking for, be it the next star wars prop item, or something Im actually working on around the house; I get the same exact blank look.... they really dont get the misc. pile of sink parts etc. for building a light saber... :D

Same experience here. When asked, I politely tell them I'm working on a "special project", thank them for offering to help, and state that if I need assistance I'll find someone to ask.

Ā 

It would simply take too long to explain the whats - and I don't even bother with the whys. <_<