E-11 Magazine

Hey Guys,

I have an original Sterling with it's magazine that I'm converting into a ANH E-11. I was wondering how far should the clip extend out of the gun when the clip is locked in place. I was looking at:

http://sterlingblasterconversion.blogspot.com/

But he seems to be extending it out a bit too far - Can someone confirm the correct length? Also, I understand there were probably several lengths because some could fire blanks and other could not - but I'm looking for the set up that could fire blanks - if that means it would be longer.

Thanks,

jack :D

i would cut it to extend out about 2" - 3". here is a video of an original ESB blaster

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3487999/prop_store_of_london_empire_strikes_back_e_11_blaster/

but like you stated there was several different lengths of magazines (some just had a wooden block shoved into the receiver), so i dont believe there is any one "correct" length, i would just study the screencaps and make a judgment call ;) personally i like them a bit on the longer side.

i would cut it to extend out about 2" - 3". here is a video of an original ESB blaster

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3487999/prop_store_of_london_empire_strikes_back_e_11_blaster/

but like you stated there was several different lengths of magazines (some just had a wooden block shoved into the receiver), so i dont believe there is any one "correct" length, i would just study the screencaps and make a judgment call ;) personally i like them a bit on the longer side.

Except that it's an ANH blaster. Notice the power cylinders on top of the magazine, and the hengstler? Must be incorrectly labeled at the prop stores site as they too say it's ESB.

Disclamer: I didn't have sound when I saw the clip. Could be an explanation to this AHN/ESB thingy.

Seams on a second view with another video in between that there is in fact no audio in that clip.

Edited by Locitus

Except that it's an ANH blaster. Notice the power cylinders on top of the magazine, and the hengstler? Must be incorrectly labeled at the prop stores site as they too say it's ESB.

Disclamer: I didn't have sound when I saw the clip. Could be an explanation to this AHN/ESB thingy.

Seams on a second view with another video in between that there is in fact no audio in that clip.

you are right lol, the vid is mislabeled, but it was the best vid of an real E-11 i had bookmarked

Jack

Here ya go mate, I posted these up a while back.

10 round mag with the 34 for comparison :)

SMG10RndMag1-1.jpg

SMG10RndMag2-1.jpg

SMG10RndMag5-1.jpg

SMG10RndMag8.jpg

Most people just trim down the 34 round mag to about 2-2.1/2 inches like this

Mag20CUT201.jpg

Mag20CUT202.jpg

Mag20CUT204.jpg

Mag20CUT206.jpg

Mag20CUT207.jpg

Mag20CUT208.jpg

Mag20CUT2012.jpg