Hasbro & Doopy Do Build Questions

I received the Doopy Do's kit today, the blaster should be here any day. I noticed there aren't any instructions? Anyone have any good ideas on how to proceed? PandaTrooper's thread was very helpful, I just don't want to miss anything. Thanx for your help. :rolleyes:

I am just a femtrooper, but it went OK for me...dremel off the letters, glue the folding stock on tthe bottom, magazine on the left. cot off the orange tip and install the new tip. Glue the back ring holder on. Counter goes on the left, on top of the magazine, and battery cylinder goes on top of the magazine. That is it :)

2195180100105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2275298690105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2538258550105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

4741733542_3b0b7208a6_o.jpg

here is my build:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10745

Have fun, it is a neat kit! I painted mine silver base, then semi gloss black, and scuffed it up with steel wool. I think it looks good!

Edited by Femtrooper Julie

Hi Alex. The kits don't come with instructions, but take a look at some of the build various threads on here for modifying Hasbros, there's quite a few of them. Most people use similar techniques. Make sure to read the CRL / EIB requirements if you intend to build the blaster to apply for your EIB badge.

There's also a few new how to's here for the small details to meet EIB requirements

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12507

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12542

In a nutshell:

- take the blaster apart

- remove the front and back scope ring

- remove all screws

- sand the lettering off

- cut the muzzle off

- grind off Hengstler side lower T-track and drill new holes (optional for EIB only)

- reassemble blaster

- glue on new muzzle

- install folding stock via glue / screws

- glue on magazine

- glue on Hengstler

- glue on rear greeblies

- add any other greeblies for other versions of the blaster

- add T-track (optional)

- add a Dring to the back (optional for EIB only)

- paint it black (most people use flat or satin)

- weather the blaster

This might be a complete noob question, but I am a noob so...

What type of sandpaper do you use for sanding plastic? Does it matter? I've got my Hasbro blaster plus the Droopy Doos kit so I'm eager to start.

A few more questions:

What type of paint do you all recommend? I plan on doing the silver and gold undercoats for the body and scope respectively. Do I go primer coat, then silver/gold coat followe by the final flat black coat? I've always had a problem with spray paint to plastic always staying tacky...

Thanks again, I love this website and how helpful all this information is!

Edited by Tyran

I shot mine with primer, then did silver on top of that, followed with satin black. I masked off the bolt to keep it silver, then a few strategic scrapes and scuffing along edges to show the silver. I am no expert, but I love how it turned out! SO much better than just having a Hasbro :)

I have a set of T-tracks, will add them on before I troop Waikiki on Halloween (Not like anyone there is lookng at my E-11 :o )

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :lol: Anyway, this is how I have done my build to date. First removed the muzzle & scope end caps. Disassembled the the body & removed the electrix. Since I am going for EIB I ground off the left lower T track & drilled new holes in it's place. I added two T tracks using the "fingers" from a plastic rake. I got that for 50% off at home depot because it was already broken!! :rolleyes: When sanding a used a very coarse grain if I needed to remove a lot and finished with a 320 grit. Use a Dremel, trust me!!! :D I started with a coat of primer, followed by a coat of silver metallic, and then a few coats of gloss black. I filled the screw hole w/ an epoxy and let it sit for a few hours, then ground off the excess. Next, I attached the Doopy Do's kit, and that's where I am now. I plan on painting it flat black to finish. Sorry about the pic quality, but my camera crapped out and all of my funds are going to my TK build!! :lol: :lol: Enjoy the picks! I will post the finished pic when I can. I appreciate any feedback!!!

Photo-0046.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-0047.jpg

Photo-0048.jpg

This might be a complete noob question, but I am a noob so...

What type of sandpaper do you use for sanding plastic? Does it matter? I've got my Hasbro blaster plus the Droopy Doos kit so I'm eager to start.

A few more questions:

What type of paint do you all recommend? I plan on doing the silver and gold undercoats for the body and scope respectively. Do I go primer coat, then silver/gold coat followe by the final flat black coat? I've always had a problem with spray paint to plastic always staying tacky...

Thanks again, I love this website and how helpful all this information is!

I used Krylon, I might have forgotten to mention that! Good luck! Check out my latest post, hope it helps. From one newbie to another!!

• 1 month later...