Strange armor details

Let me see…… <_<

Her-rowwnd the ragg-ged rock the raas-kal ran,…..err hmmm

Herrr-rowwwwnd the raagg-ged rock the raas-kal ran…arrh that’s much better.

Yerrp, I like the sound of it just fine mate. In fact I could give you the names and

numbers of a few of my lady friends that I’ve known through out the years

who would say that it can be quite EXOTIC …especially accompanied by a

few wines and some mood music provided by Barry white…if you know what I mean ;)

But I digress

Guys

As Brian said, play nicely now,,,d’ya hear :angry:

Vern, Vern, Vern, Vern, Vern,….what we going to do with you mate?….Hey?

Why do you persist with this confrontational attitude. You are never

content to just roll with the flow. You’ve always got to push a few buttons

here and there, rattle a few cages when ever you can and all mostly when

there is no need for it. :huh:

Right, lets take your comments one at a time.

Good for you mate, :duim:

Take a look at this photo mate, that I know that you’ve seen before. B)

empiremag02.jpg

Now tell me, or even better still show me that AP or any other armour that you know

flexes and bends in the same way as that when worn..

Just so you know, I’m a UK Garrison Armourer and I’ve help build, have built and owned

well in the region of 30 suits compromising of all the flavors and names that you can think of.

(including the one that Daniele is showing in his photo)

So I think you’d agree that I’m in a position to know the composition, make up and structure

of each of these suits and how they behave when worn.

Now I can honestly say that I have never, I repeat NEVER come across anything that replicates

the real on screen suits and the way that it flexes and moves whilst worn up until now.

The fact is the TM 1mm suit is the only suit that I have ever seen that does this.

Why do you think everybody at this moment in time is wetting themselves and shouting as

loud as they can “WOW!!†:o at this new suit?. It’s not about who made it, that could

have been anyone. Its about the giant evolutionary leap forward that this suit represents.

So please its not another match off of AP verses TM, there just is no contest mate.

As Paul said, The TM 1mm doesn’t. We had three different people trying to tear, bend or brake

this stuff and all to no avail. Even after cutting a starting line with Aircraft scissors it still wouldn’t

go on it own

Vern I understand you quite clearly fella. and I fail to see any where in my previous post

where I showed that I had taken offence in what you had posted.

That said, I very much take offence at this post as this is the second time in a week

that you have baited me.

So please listen to me very carefully, This is the LAST warning, the next time may

result in a suspension.

Daniele

Please except my apologies for taking your thread of track :)

Billy nicely put my son ,thinking about using you to be my solizeter B) i promice i will get my hairy but on a troop soon and meet up with you mate.

Regards

Steve

Daniele

Please except my apologies for taking your thread of track :)

I'm not a mod here, you have to apologize to them, non to me. :)

In any case, if a discussion brings pictures as the one you posted... wow, just keep on. :o

Just a curiosity on that picture: take a look at the inside of the helmet in the hand of the trooper standing on the right. Where are the inner black laces?

Edited by lightside

I'm not a mod here, you have to apologize to them, non to me. :)

In any case, if a discussion brings pictures as the one you posted... wow, just keep on. :o

Just a curiosity on that picture: take a look at the inside of the helmet in the hand of the trooper standing on the right. Where are the inner black laces?

Great spot, I never noticed that one.

If you are refering to the chin straps inside the helmet then I guess they are tucked inside away from view.

A couple of things I have noticed about this photo is the helmet in the very top right hand corner is the ESB Hero and there is an 02 canister on the step on the left between the two troopers. I like the way the guy in the middle has just thrown his blaster inside his helmet and I like how the armour looks on these thin lads. The shoulder bells look huge as does the torso. The arms as so narrow too.....very cool!

If you are refering to the chin straps inside the helmet then I guess they are tucked inside away from view.

Yes. My english vocabulary is not very wide. :unsure:

Anyway, first happy birthday; second, the picture shows the troopers were neither clones nor twins. :P

Seriously: take a look at the first trooper sitting on the down-left. His chest armour doesn't flex, it goes down, so it seems it wasn't be fixed.

Its great to see the wize old head standing and the school boys just out of nappies (diapers) are all sitting down getting choked by the chest plate.This is some thing that was echoed by some ANH stormtroopers Gary and i met this year,saying that there siuts choked them.This is all because the way they were strapped.The chest plate will not move down.

4910330263_da9b044198_b.jpg

Aren't you a little.. Hey wait a minute your the right height - so I must be a little tall.... :)

theres hope for us smaller troopers to then Mark ;) i also managed to meet some of the origanal ANH troopers at that advent , i was only there as the public managed to get my chest plate sighnd up from them which was very decient of them and Neol who was one of them even tryed it on which was very cool and he said did not really think about there hight because they were sitting down well it did make me feel quite a tall trooper for a while heres some pics

DSC09063.jpg

DSC09069.jpg

DSC09069.jpg

DSC09066.jpg

DSC09094.jpg

I don't remember who, but in some topics, around here, it had been said that the knee plates were glued and not fastened with rivets.

But looking closely at the ANH trooper in the visual disctionary (armor2y.th.jpg) a rivet is quite visible on the right knee to fasten the plate (it is hard to see in the picture, because I had to switch off the flash. Do not get close to the screen with your eyes trying to see it, move far instead.

armor3.jpg

Edited by lightside

I don't remember who, but in some topics, around here, it had been said that the knee plates were glued and not fastened with rivets.

But looking closely at the ANH trooper in the visual disctionary (armor2y.th.jpg) a rivet is quite visible on the right knee to fasten the plate (it is hard to see in the picture, because I had to switch off the flash. Do not get close to the screen with your eyes trying to see it, move far instead.

dsc01175n.jpg

Hi Daniele,

I know that pic is a promo shot so maybe they were rivited i dont know for sure if they were on the orinanal screen ANH armour ,i do know that Paul TM has said the sniper plate was glued on the origanal screen used ANH armor .

I know that pic is a promo shot

I know that it is a promo shot, but the armor should be original. I don't think they made a copy for promo. The details are all where they have to stay.

It might be they used rivets on those plates they were unable to fix with glue. Maybe some repairing after a stunt, etc... I also was looking at the inner thigh, it seems to be hand-cut. This means that there were different armors with small different details. So it is impossible to create the perfect replica, but choose one and replicate its style.

My 2 cents of course.

Edited by lightside