Trooping in Tunisia - a first!

rapstertee

I've just returned from an amazing 10 day trip to the Star Wars locations in Tunisia.

One of my co-pioneers out there is TK 6682 - a member of the South California Garrison - he took his sandtrooper kit (ATA) out and trooped it at most of the locations - to the bewilderment of many tourists and Tunisian locals.

I believe he's the first person to do this. I'm currently nominating him for 501st trooper of the month.

Then when we got to the Hotel Sidi Driss (Lars Homestead), I got the opportunity to suit up and get a LOT of pics taken, which has got to be a first for a UKG trooper, surely?

I'd like to thank 'Doc' as he was kind enough to let me don the kit as we're the same size, which I hope qualifies me for the first UKG trooper to appear in armour at the Sidi Driss location.

post-2025-127533921693_thumb.jpg

I've just returned from an amazing 10 day trip to the Star Wars locations in Tunisia.

One of my co-pioneers out there is TK 6682 - a member of the South California Garrison - he took his sandtrooper kit (ATA) out and trooped it at most of the locations - to the bewilderment of many tourists and Tunisian locals.

I believe he's the first person to do this. I'm currently nominating him for 501st trooper of the month.

Then when we got to the Hotel Sidi Driss (Lars Homestead), I got the opportunity to suit up and get a LOT of pics taken, which has got to be a first for a UKG trooper, surely?

I'd like to thank 'Doc' as he was kind enough to let me don the kit as we're the same size, which I hope qualifies me for the first UKG trooper to appear in armour at the Sidi Driss location.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Kudos mate. B)

Back in 2005 I wore a basic ANH Luke outfit to the Hotel Sidi Driss. And on my second visit a week later I took my Fett lid. :lol:

I will try to scare up some pics.

I saw the pics that Bender posted on the SCG board. I hope he posts more here.

Congratulations on being able to suit up and take pics. It would be great to see more shots of the area. It must of quite a trip. B)

Great photos. But just one thing ... you see that door? The one that seems to be locked? Go back and try it again .... I've just got a niggling feeling ... :D