Fun with ROM/FX

My unit arrived today so I was playing around with it, trying to practice some of those classic lines. I don't know what was hardest; copying the dubbed Spanish version or trying to do a passable Northern American English :unsure:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 5/18/2010 at 6:03 PM, Rick330 said:

My unit arrived today so I was playing around with it, trying to practice some of those classic lines. I don't know what was hardest; copying the dubbed Spanish version or trying to do a passable Northern American English :unsure:

---------

Ya know lad....(now keep your bucket on!) I do think you better look up "Mando'A" instead of 'basic' :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Rick

You'll find that the American accent comes easily with time.... well kinda.. mindyou many of the UKG troopers I troop speak normally, but some say, my accent sounds Canadian...and i'm from the midlands....

Which Rom did you get, the std or the pro?

It's the standard ROM/FX. I love it. Great toy.

I'm not going to worry too much about the American English because I'll really only be speaking Spanish on troops. For the purpose of the video though I thought the Englsh lines were probably better delivered with a US accent (however poor) instead of my usual Yorkshire! :lol:

Cool vid. Just got my romfx a few days ago too. We must be out of the same batch! Going to work on making a cloth bag to set the romfx in behind the chest plate.

How are you going to get yours attached?

How are you going to get yours attached?

I haven't given it too much thought to be honest as I still have to build the armour but I think industrial velcro will do the trick.

• 4 weeks later...

There are many ways to place a ROMFX... do what is right for you... experiment...

Mine is in my chest plate held via Velcro.... some troopers have their's in the OII plate, some have even wired a ROM into the dropdown boxes... whilst others have theirs in their buckets....Also, many of us UKG guys use Nokia car kit speakers which we have attached to our belts... although not cannon it's generally accepted...