Ladies in White?

I am about to order my own set of armor, and I'm 5'5. I decided to go with ATA, as it is in my budget and seems like a pretty good build. In order to make my height the slightest bit better, I went and got a pair of Shoe Lift Inserts, which bump my height up about 3 inches. I honestly wasn't sure they would work, but then I shoved them in a pair of men's boots I have for another costume, and i towered over my mom.

If anyone gives me any 'Short Stormtrooper' comments, I'll arrest them for being part of the Rebel Alliance...

You go GIRL! :) I think I'll copy your reply, too. I'm definately going to look on the internet for lifts. Glad you mentioned that.

I wouldnt worry to much girls about the short trooper comments , iam only 5.6 just look at the photos below of the origanal stormtroopers makes me feel not as short now ;) .

;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in the Shoe Lifts, I got these:

----------

They are the Men's versions (because I'll be using then in male boots), but they work GREAT! They also have female ones as well. They go up to 2.5 inches, but you can remove some of the layers to make them shorter. They are pretty comfy too, for shoe lifts. I am 5'5 and they bump me up to 5'8, easily. I feel like a giant!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of doing something borderline foolish. My g/f is interested in doing a TK also. However she is 4-11. I can trim the crap out of it I suppose to make her look like a shrunken TK, but has anyone other than the Ebay recasters ever made a Child size TK (other than Foamy)? Luckily she is not busty, so that won't distort the shape.

Snowtroopers suit all shapes and sizes due to the cloth being used not hard plastic parts.

Gary is a short @ss and so am I lol

I'm looking forward to making my new TK and I'm 5'7"

If you are short short, I wouldn't do a TK

If you have issues now, they may get magnified when you troop in it and stand next to tall folk :) Plus one insensitive comment from the public can really hurt. Depends on you

Snowtroopers are awesome! And you can wear your own shoes inside the mukluks (snow shoes)http://starwarslego.brickstoys.com/files/2010/10/imperial-snowtroopers.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I am thinking of doing something borderline foolish. My g/f is interested in doing a TK also. However she is 4-11. I can trim the crap out of it I suppose to make her look like a shrunken TK, but has anyone other than the Ebay recasters ever made a Child size TK (other than Foamy)? Luckily she is not busty, so that won't distort the shape.

I am 4'11" and 95, let me know how it goes! I had given up on my TK dream and just went Juno, but if you can pull it off... B)

• 4 months later...

Hello!! I'm looking to start my second (and much better) TK build, but I've been having a really hard time determining which kit to go with. I currently have an FX, which is much too large on me but was a good learning experience in terms of getting experience in basic armor assembly. I'm female, 5'6'', 120 lbs. (I have some shoe lifts to take me up to 5'8 to try and avoid the inevitable short trooper jokes). I'd like a kit that looks great trimmed down to size. Any suggestions?? Anyone else with my similar build who has pictures of their trimmed and assembled armor? I don't have any significant budgetary constraints or ABS vs HIPS pref. I just want a kit that will fit well. I'm very serious about getting this build right, and I'd really appreciate any advice.

Also it's tough to find tk shoes in a size 6 women's (Size 4 men's)!!! Are there any out there that come in sizes smaller than a men's 9?

Thanks!

Sasha

Im just starting my female exploration into the world of armor kits. I would love any hardcore advice you felt was the most valuable. Im a meer 5" even and, yeahh... :)

Im going to finish my Juno costume, but my sandtrooper kit will soon be coming in the mail.