black gloves--

Im trying to help a recuit out with the gloves and referring to the CRL it says he can use a leather, or rubber type glove with no texture.

we can find rubber gloves with texture all day. I havent come across any black leather gloves that will fit the bill yet, they are either big and bulky and insulated or not really suited to TK use.

I dont know if he uses Nomex gloves if he will be approved as a new applicant. I always encourage new recruits to get the BEST and not cheese out to "get something better" later.

Advice?

Thanks!

Well, the rubber gloves SHOULD be textured - on the "finger tips" and on the palm. It is SA.

I think the text is a little misleading worded ;) I just looked it up. Don't know why it didn't occure to earlier Thanks for pointing it out!

*Gloves. Must be black rubber, nomex, leather, or leather like. Enclosed fingered, non-textured, with no visible straps.

Chief? Terry? :)

Karin

Get some nomex flight gloves, I did the rubber gloves for awile, they get hot, you can't really get a good feel when you pick stuff up and worst of all your hand smells really weird after a troop lol.

I love my nomex so very much!

Yes...leather palm/nomex (on top of hand) flight gloves like this. I use these.

Find some here for $25:

------

also google a 10% off coupon for opsgear.com, there is usually always one coupon out there that is active to save you a little bit.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

i agree that nomex is comfortable. I drive with them dialy in a vehicle with no AC...it actaully keeps my hands cooler with my windows down in south Louisiana. A bit of sweat at 45 helps cool me.

I just want to make sure he gets approved with no issues, hence my query for a non textured glove. the only thing I have found is leather gloves like my TI gloves and those are pricey, but with a full guantlet.

Black chemical gloves are canon, but you will sweat up a storm. Black Chemical for LFL events, Nomex for the rest, they are awesome.

This is what I do. For ANH I use chemical gloves with latex hand guards. ESB & my TD, both are black nomex flight gloves. Yes, some day they'll be updated, but one thing at a time.

Black chemical gloves are canon, but you will sweat up a storm. Black Chemical for LFL events, Nomex for the rest, they are awesome.

Perfect answer/solution. Add to that a set of hand plates from Karin, and you're all set. :duim:

I use Rubber Chemical gloves with latex hand guards all the time now and have no problems :)

I put LOADS of Talc in them before a troop and they work a treat B)

On 5/3/2010 at 5:22 AM, JohnBlackk said:

Find some here for $25:

--------

Hey John B. I just want to say thanks for the suggestion to google for the discount coupons... They really work!

Thanks... I just order 2 sets of gloves.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 5/3/2010 at 5:22 AM, JohnBlackk said:

Find some here for $25:

-------

What is the quality like on these? I use some cheap flight gloves that look like that but I want to get some better quality ones, they stain my hands black after hot troops where my hands sweat and I am getting tired of it lol.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use the black chemical gloves, with a pair of thin lycra gloves on the inside (yeah, came with my undersuit - together with complimentary lycra socks and a gimp mask...this hobby will take you to some strange places sometimes!). Works really well, the inner gloves soaks up the sweat, and the smooth surface of the lycra helps with getting the rubber gloves on and off.