ByBy Cash

Sgt Steve

Well, back in Feb of this year, and after reading the full add's on the SDS web site, I placed an order for the "kit form" of both the black TK helmet and the black full armour kit. The price for the kit's is lower then full made helmet or armour. If you read the add the helmet parts are ready for you to assemble, and that some parts are pre-painted also that it come's with "mirrored" lens. I am not going to post what is said about the armour, but you can read it for your self at his web site. well only after delays, and "sad stories" I just got something today. I also added to my order 2 pair bubble tint lens and 2 spare helmet stands. What I got is to say the least not acceptable! Not one of the helmet parts are painted, the "mirror" lens is none see-through non-working plastic strip. The green len's stuff is that cheap flimsy stuff, and the rubber helmet strips look like some thing that was sitting on a "junk" parts pile, dirty and not well cut. I did get 2 helmet stands but no spair bubble lens. Hmmmm $1900.00 Canadian for this? Oh and yes no body armour, the same parts that I was told had to be special made with the helmet parts (same time) are still on the MIA list...(drat! the reb scum have infiltrated Imperial procurement, and are stealing kit!)I think by now that all here know that if I buy any thing from any body the first thing I do is make sure I pay in full first(some ask to wait till they have made/completed the prop/parts,but I still try to get them to take payment first) and give a good amount of time to fill what your selling. If who ever I'm buying from just give's me even a quick head's up on delay that I'll wait till the cow's come home for them to ship. All to make sure I've done the best I can to work with. Most here are just "garage" shop fan's helping out other fan's with having fun with (I think) one of the most cool hobbies around. And that they are far from some slick web site full company like 'Brianstoys" or MR or any of the other large size prop/toy outfit. I think the payment was off my CC at the first part of Feb this year.I was thinking of about the first part of April (just to give shipping time from the UK) It will be May 1st this Sat and only now am I getting the helmet parts....and NOT what was stated I would get! I have sent off a last email to SDS on just what is going on. I'll have to get a new shipping box because the box that was used to ship to me was a box you would see in a recycling box! I will (if I don't hear from SDS by end Sat) start the "I want refund...now!" As it is if I get "stuck" with this very over priced helmet parts... I need some help getting some Shadow Trooper decals and more important mirror lens. Also how should I paint the nose or "vocorder" light black dark black gloss? To end this rant, and yes I know I'm ranting but what can I do? near 2K for this? I should know better! :6:

Edited by Sgt Steve

I feel bad for you mate, I truly do. It's why we strongly encourage new people to ask before buying to see what experiences others had with that vendor. Always hurts to see a brother lose out on cash :(

Dude that really sucks....did you pay straight from your credit card or through paypal....if from the cc can you dispute this at all???

This is truly a bummer Steve, I know you were really looking forward to building it.

Have you tried calling them directly?

Shepperton Design Studios

www.sdsprops.com

76 The Green

Twickenham

Middlesex TW2 5AG

UK

Tel +44 (0)208 898 4839

I hope you'll still able to make that end of May troop with the squad in some shape or form.

Thanks all. Yes Panda I'm now "change fire" back to "white" TK....should be back on track in about a week. Panda: Did you see the "Star Wars" GM Place concert gig in June I think...28th and 29th? I think...in the Province new's paper? Note to all. I did have a trooper decal guy in my fav's list so did order some Shadow Trooper helmet dec's from him. But still need some mirror lens help. DO NOT WANT TO PULL OUT THE LENS IN MY MR LID! I picked that one up from Brianstoys....for 6oo...so you can see why I don't like that idea! :blink:And no I used my CC for the buy..........I am expecting a "bend over and take it" over this. :angry:

Hey Steve, yes - I heard about the SW in concert from watching the PBS fundraiser in Seattle on Tv. Garrison Titan trooped the event. We started a thread on Badlands about it, hopefully LFL contacts us to troop it, it would be amazing! Tickets go on sale tomorrow 10 am.

For your mirrored lens, you can try:

snowboard goggles lenses

motorcycle visors

foot ball visors

chrome window tint from an automotive customizer shop

paintball goggles lenses

Hope those options work for you, and hope you can get Sds to send your stuff!

You should check out the Special Ops forums too for TX reference and links n stuff

http://s11.zetaboards.com/501st_Spec_Ops_Det/forum/17058/

as for me you should try AFX fast shield silver mirror lense =) I tested it out with my shadow scout

sdc11405.jpg

0000_AFX_Fast_Shield.jpg

I got it off the bay for about 15$ Its a flat lenses that can be curved a bit hehe I will be getting this for my shadow trooper soon now that i know it worked for me shadow scout. Vision out of it is like wearing sunglasses

Edited by Torisempai

Hi Steve,

Mate............I had no idea tat this was still going on!

Why haven't you PMed me?

I do know AA yes, I wouldn't say we are best friends by any stretch of the imagination but I should be able to help you, or at least try.

Can you PM me all your details and the date you paid and any other info that you feel would help me tracking your stuff down.

The last I heard from AA is that he had shipped it but I will certainly check that out for you.

It is a Bank holiday here this weekend so Monday won't happen but I can try on Tuesday for you.

Really sorry to hear this my man, but I don't have anything to do with his business so please don't blame me...... :unsure:

I will do my upmost to get it sorted for you.

Edited by sskunky

I have just emailed AA with what you posted here.I have said that you are a friend of mine and this isn't good.

I know he is quite concerned about his rep and service and has just employed someone to get everything straightened out.

As soon as I here back I will let you know.

I have just emailed AA with what you posted here.I have said that you are a friend of mine and this isn't good.

I know he is quite concerned about his rep and service and has just employed someone to get everything straightened out.

As soon as I here back I will let you know.

Thanks bro! I think the most about it is that I gave lots of time for him, even had no problem with some of it....I am EZ to work with.....it's the pay for some thing.....wait for some thing....then get far less then you payed for. I am NOT trying to "shaft the guy" with my post......I first got one of his white TK lid's to see if I like his stuff....it did take a bit of time to deliver, but I try to be a good "buyer" and work with people. The price is a bit on the high side, but still I'll like pulling his white lid apart and 'adding guts" to it! :P It was because of this I took the plunge and spent my cash of his Shadow TK armour...it dose look VERY cool on his site, and he offered a kit form so you can really go to town with the build. And his E11 may be on the high side of $ but it's ok, I really liked how he did the mag, a "power jack" like it should be. Very cool. And he dose offer the only "out of box" gloss black Shadow Trooper armour/helmet. Real black ABS, no painting! So he had scored big points from me and got my money. But when you say "it's now sent" then get only a helmet, and NOT the full parts list I paid for, and NO body armour? If he was shipping the bucket first then the armour to help with shipping, I can see that. Hell if "un-seen" shipping cost pop's up I am more then happy to send more $. But however the reason this order worked out, I'm just not in the mood to have to fight over this. With all the c@#p I have to deal with right now, my disability,my pending release from the militry far to early, this is just too much. If he send's the body armour and the other missing parts down the road, fine. I have now just moved the hole thing into the "liveNlearn" thing. he can keep the payment and not send the rest of the order if he so wishes. BUT I feel I am a fair man and if in the future his name may be asked about, I feel I can give a less then sterling complimentary!

• 2 weeks later...

hi Steve,

I have just got off the phone with SDS and they have assured me that you shadow is being done as we speak. He was hoping to have had it ready for this week but some of the pull and plastic just wasn't up to his usual standard and it should be finished next week.

The reason for the delay is that the first batch of black ABS that they got was rubbish and it's not until you stretch the plastic after heating on the vac former does this become apparent. Some companies have been cutting back on certain ways the plastic is manufactured and for normal use it is fine but when you are stretching it to the limits required for for Trooper armor it's not. So rather than send out sub standard armor to you and others they had to order another batch which took a bout a month or so to get in stock at the distributers. He is really sorry and said that you will get your armor. It's no excuse but it is also his busiest time of the year for his Canoe business and things do get a bit on top sometimes.

They have and will email you again tonight I'm told, to explain this but I thought as I know already I should let you know in advance.

I hope this helps,

Mark.

hi Steve,

I have just got off the phone with SDS and they have assured me that you shadow is being done as we speak. He was hoping to have had it ready for this week but some of the pull and plastic just wasn't up to his usual standard and it should be finished next week.

The reason for the delay is that the first batch of black ABS that they got was rubbish and it's not until you stretch the plastic after heating on the vac former does this become apparent. Some companies have been cutting back on certain ways the plastic is manufactured and for normal use it is fine but when you are stretching it to the limits required for for Trooper armor it's not. So rather than send out sub standard armor to you and others they had to order another batch which took a bout a month or so to get in stock at the distributers. He is really sorry and said that you will get your armor. It's no excuse but it is also his busiest time of the year for his Canoe business and things do get a bit on top sometimes.

They have and will email you again tonight I'm told, to explain this but I thought as I know already I should let you know in advance.

I hope this helps,

Mark.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I should have ordered a black plastic canoe! :blink: But thanks for your time/work. :)

You should check out the Special Ops forums too for TX reference and links n stuff

http://s11.zetaboards.com/501st_Spec_Ops_Det/forum/17058/

as for me you should try AFX fast shield silver mirror lense =) I tested it out with my shadow scout

sdc11405.jpg

0000_AFX_Fast_Shield.jpg

I got it off the bay for about 15$ Its a flat lenses that can be curved a bit hehe I will be getting this for my shadow trooper soon now that i know it worked for me shadow scout. Vision out of it is like wearing sunglasses

Yes, I ordered 2 of that type of lens and a full face shield that all ready has a good curve for my EP3 clone lid1