Some nice old photos from '77

Billhag

My old mate Gary Hailes (89Batman) was sorting through some of his old magazines and he

came across a great little article featured in 'Star Wars-The Official Magazine' dated June-July 1997.

The article is about how much attention ANH received when it first came out back in 1977

and features some great, if some what dodgy :D , pictures of original armour used for

publicity shots and for an exhibition at the Science Museum.

The detail isn’t great but its always bloody nice to see ANY pics of the real thing no matter how

bad they are. B)

Enjoy

1519351574_StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No8Doubl(1).thumb.jpg.4dbb0fe5c25fb4d23733f35942e7211d.jpg

StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No3Strai.thumb.jpg.076febc5e5de4af86edfad8e3e9154e6.jpg

StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No6Strai.thumb.jpg.329e611cad1e0e7ae5c77531aa341b96.jpg

StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No805Str.thumb.jpg.04c19f572409e02c7f4ceea3a22b1285.jpg

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/Billhag/StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No4Strai.jpg

StarWarsMagazineJune-July97No4Strai.thumb.jpg.805e20918be96f49bf8d8a29c9ad8c96.jpg

PS

It looks like they used a sandie on at least one of the mannequin’s by the shape of the sniper plate :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

On 4/26/2010 at 2:08 AM, Billhag said:

My old mate Gary Hailes (89Batman) was sorting through some of his old magazines and he

came across a great little article featured in 'Star Wars-The Official Magazine' dated June-July 1997.

The article is about how much attention ANH received when it first came out back in 1977

and features some great, if some what dodgy :D , pictures of original armour used for

publicity shots and for an exhibition at the Science Museum.

The detail isn’t great but its always bloody nice to see ANY pics of the real thing no matter how

bad they are. B)

Enjoy

PS

It looks like they used a sandie on at least one of the mannequin’s by the shape of the sniper plate :)

Nice pics!! Time to dig out my old issue!

looks like the trooper on the left of obi wan has his belt on way up high like a

nerd with suspenders! look at the way the helmets are coming apart. it looks like

the faceplates were attached with one screw so that they swivel.