New eFX helmet coming soon

This looks pretty much like the Master Replicas Collector's Edition to me. Hopefully this one won't have that horrible seam by the frown. Looks like it will be available in July.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

My response on the 501st boards. Note that it will take a little work to make it 501st approvable.

It looks identical in many respects but here are some differences and notes:

1. The frown is ESB black and not ANH gray, thus if you wanted this for ANH you'll have to repaint the frown. Or, if you want to do an ESB stormtrooper you'll need to get snowtrooper hand plates and ensure you wear your holster on the right (which some folks already do).

2. In any event, you'll need to replace the lenses with darker material (just like on the MRCE).

3. If there is a gap under the frown that is visible this will need to be filled with sealant before being 501st acceptable (just like the MRCE).

4. For Legion acceptance the MRCE also requires screws to be added above and below the ear bumps, and so I presume that this will also need those screws added. While one is there, might as well add the third screw at the bottom of the ear to be consistent with ANH Stunt and ESB helmets.

5. For ANH Hero or ROTJ the details will be a little different for the frown and ear screws, but filling in the seam (if present) and having darker lenses will still be needed.

I think it's not bad for the price, though for reference you can get an AP kit for about $200 or so, and an ATA kit is not much more than $125 or so IIRC. Even TE2 is hovering around $200 range, though of course ATA & TE2 will need trim & painting.

ESB for comparison:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

what we see is obviously a photoshopped picture of the MR CE helmet with the teeth made black (rather poorly I might add). Guess we'll have to wait and see what the actual product will look like

what we see is obviously a photoshopped picture of the MR CE helmet with the teeth made black (rather poorly I might add). Guess we'll have to wait and see what the actual product will look like

Yeah, the pic is obviously the 'hero' helmet as well.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that this will be identical to the MRCE, especially if the MSRP is only $199.99.

Probably will still have all the mold lines, and be a simple repaint from the previous MRCE.

These aren't bad helmets, they come mostly ready to go out of the box and give you lots of customizing options. I'd rather go with one of the fan-made kits though.

It will be interesting to see how they fare at this high a price point. When MRCE was first out they were doing for as low as $90.

It will be interesting to see how they fare at this high a price point. When MRCE was first out they were doing for as low as $90.

Yep, I bought one when they 1st came out. Wish I held on to it a little longer, sold it to buy the EFX Worldwide Edition. Could have doubled my $$$. :)