Rom in a Box

Hi all,I have ever since i started to troop found it frustrating how the battery pack and the Rom-FX are two separate components.I am one for over engineering my trooper stuff for better or for worse so can up with this as a solution,everything in one box.

4377598808_ced17a89ec_b.jpg

4377461194_0746c31962_b.jpg

It seemed a good idea to do this and to have it attach to the chest plate with velcro.Then i thought how am i going to turn it on and off without having to take the armour off.

How about an external switch? Thats what i did,put a switch between the Rom and the battery pack.for this to work you need the Rom-FX switched on all the time,Its the external switch that cuts the power from the batterys.

Heres how it was done i will do a proper wiring diagram soon,but the pictures are clear as to what goes were.

4376703811_a8a78c6bc7_b.jpg

4377467074_3d68c404de_b.jpg

This is not field tested yet but works great in the workshop,fitted with a nice big switch just tuck your hand behind your chest plate for on and off.I also fitted a jack extension for the speaker as seen in picture.

Edited by stukatrooper

Nice work, Stuka!

Once I get all of my armor and eletronics, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Only, I may intergrate a 2-way radio into it as well. I think it would be great for large events where there are huge crowds. Could be used for comms between troopers, spotters, handlers, and photographers.

Has this been attempted? When waiting for armor, you think of all types of crazy ideas. Now, if I can only think of a way to get my wife into a costume...

Brilliant Peter!! Love the idea!

Hey Rolf, the box looks to me to be a Lincoln Binns, Here is the link:------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Also, you can look at PacTec too for electronic boxes--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 years later...