Real Sterling SMG springs in Doopydoos?

Ok, call me crazy, but I was thinking of ordering a real sterling spring set for a doopydoos resin build. Looks like they are only $20, what do you all think?

http://reocities.com/Pentagon/barracks/5220/SAPriceList.htm

The inner diameter of the doopydoo full resin kit is 22mm, and that is significantly smaller than an original i believe, so an original spring might be too big to fit inside the doopydoo pipe.

The inner diameter of the doopydoo full resin kit is 22mm, and that is significantly smaller than an original i believe, so an original spring might be too big to fit inside the doopydoo pipe.

what martin said!

the inner diameter of the doopy do MK2 kit is much smaller than it should be.

casey at doopy do's has added a PVC pipe to the inside of the resin cast.

Most PVC pipe has a 2-3pm wall thickness so it should be ok. The biggest part of the sterling 'guts' is the bolt which is 33mm OD so it should be fine for a PVC tube. sskunky just posted full dims for the spring set up in the sterling templates thread we've got going (can't post URL because I'm on my phone right now) but check and compare.

I have a great method for the doopydoos resin kit- I bought a 5/8" (I think the measurement is correct: I'll double check) dowel rod from lowes and a roll of 14 gauge wire (near the picture hangar aisle from lowes as well).

5cb90207.jpg

The wire easily wraps around the dowel and keeps it's form (but does not act like a real spring).

d5f916df.jpg

It's also a perfect fit into the doopydoos full resin kit.

64849984.jpg

EDIT: pictures added.

Edited by ZacMuleer