Proposed Amendments to the Centurion Requirements ?

I noticed the links for the proposed amendments to the Centurion requirements in this months mag, the only problem is as I am not approved I can not access the links. I would like to know as many others would, what is proposed to be changed. After reasearching solidly for the last 3 months I pretty much have organised everything I will need for Centurion requirements and now are a bit worried I will have to change some things.

Would it not have been better to make a new level to aim for with extra changes rather than changing Centurion requirements, will everyone who is Centurion approved now have to make these changes or are the changes just minor ones?

Edited by gmrhodes13

You can't access the threads because you're not an approved TK yet. The threads are in the detachment only section of the forum.

The whole list is as follows:

• Side and crotch rivets must be split rivets. No brads. Head size: 8 mm.
  • Must use movie correct assembly method, Cover strips for ANH & ESB, overlap for ROTJ.
  • Ab plate button plates must be a 1-part pieces, no separate buttons.
  • No FX armour.
  • Thigh ammo belt must be attached to thigh with cap rivet or split rivet in the upper corner.
  • Sniper knee plate must be correctly aligned with the ridges on the shin.
  • Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets.
  • Boots must either be worn or not and match condition of armour. Do not mix battle worn boots with pristine armour or the reverse.
  • Any battle wear must be light. No TD-style weathering.
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt without gap between belt and box.
  • Drop boxes must have inner drop boxes. No flat covers.
  • Thermal detonator belt clips must be positioned near the end caps (roughly 1/8" apart).
  • No more than 1 black stripe on each ear (ANH). 2-3 stripes per ear (ESB & ROTJ).
  • Require AM chest and back armour to be replaced with a screen accurate version.
  • Require AM shoulder bells to be replaced with a screen accurate version.
  • Remove the word ideally completely from existing wording.

But each bullet has to be voted yes or no on separately so there is no way of knowing yet exactly what amendments will pass.

Existing centurions are grandfathered as is tradition in the legion, but are of course encouraged and I would dare to say expected (at least by me as a person, not as staff) to update their armour to meet the new requirements.

I hope that clears up any questions you may have.

I'm on the same page here, I won't get my kit until November so I was curious when does the voting close and the changes take place?

Also, if I understand right...day I get approved with another costume (Imperial Officer type) and get my 5 digits...does the 591st membership get me access to these types of areas that I can't see now even though I am not TK approved yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Voting closes at October 18th as the newsletter says and takes effect more or less immediately. And no, you do not get access to this section until your TK is approved.

Voting closes at October 18th as the newsletter says and takes effect more or less immediately. And no, you do not get access to this section until your TK is approved.

Ah yes, I was reading the newsletter from my phone. I missed that. Lol Thanks for the info.

I'm on the same page here, I won't get my kit until November so I was curious when does the voting close and the changes take place?

Also, if I understand right...day I get approved with another costume (Imperial Officer type) and get my 5 digits...does the 591st membership get me access to these types of areas that I can't see now even though I am not TK approved yet?

Hey Tony, I am an approved Imperial Officer and I am also working on my TK as well. I entered my ID and was able to access everything

Thanks for clarifying Mathias I just wanted to know so I dont start my build and make mistakes that I thought were right. There would no doubt be more first timers wanting this info too.

Can I just add that I found this thread discussing that the use of brads was ok. I will be using split rivets anyway but just wondering what has changed since that thread, I wouldn't think brads would be very strong but apart from that if they were the right size there shouldn't be any problem.

sorry forgot to add the link for the Brad Discussion http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14590-visible-snap/

I'm not an approved tk and this is the first time I've seen the list. What about the hubbub that's going around with AM changing molds to be more screen accurate? If they don't change the name to for giggles AM2 anybody that gets that armor is basically instantly disqualified for centurion because their chest, back and shoulder bells "require" replacement?

That's an old discussion and we know better today.

Ok thanks. Just on another point I know that some try to update info and pics but it can be misleading if some of these old post are now incorrect, would it be wise to discard some of them or is it just up to the individual to search read, search read, find something different, scratch head cry panic then search and read again LOL

• 2 weeks later...

You can't access the threads because you're not an approved TK yet. The threads are in the detachment only section of the forum.

The whole list is as follows:

• Side and crotch rivets must be split rivets. No brads. Head size: 8 mm.
  • Must use movie correct assembly method, Cover strips for ANH & ESB, overlap for ROTJ.
  • Ab plate button plates must be a 1-part pieces, no separate buttons.
  • No FX armour.
  • Thigh ammo belt must be attached to thigh with cap rivet or split rivet in the upper corner.
  • Sniper knee plate must be correctly aligned with the ridges on the shin.
  • Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets.
  • Boots must either be worn or not and match condition of armour. Do not mix battle worn boots with pristine armour or the reverse.
  • Any battle wear must be light. No TD-style weathering.
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt without gap between belt and box.
  • Drop boxes must have inner drop boxes. No flat covers.
  • Thermal detonator belt clips must be positioned near the end caps (roughly 1/8" apart).
  • No more than 1 black stripe on each ear (ANH). 2-3 stripes per ear (ESB & ROTJ).
  • Require AM chest and back armour to be replaced with a screen accurate version.
  • Require AM shoulder bells to be replaced with a screen accurate version.
  • Remove the word ideally completely from existing wording.

But each bullet has to be voted yes or no on separately so there is no way of knowing yet exactly what amendments will pass.

Existing centurions are grandfathered as is tradition in the legion, but are of course encouraged and I would dare to say expected (at least by me as a person, not as staff) to update their armour to meet the new requirements.

I hope that clears up any questions you may have.

Hello Mathias,

Any news of these ?

I must admit I'm a bit lost with CRLs and EIB and Centurion requirements when it comes to getting an Incinerator Trooper as a Centurion approved.

A few things that still contradicts between 501st approved level & Centurion.

Going Centurion is my goal though, as accurate as I can get. Gotta try to stand up to the high standards of Nordic Garrison ;)

Cheers,

Osku

Hi

Yes, all of the requirements passed voting. :)

If you want to make an awesome incinerator I recommend a ROTJ style armour, like CFO (AP works too) and an ANH style helmet of your choice.

If Cfo is the way to awesome Incinerator, I'm almost there already :)

To be clear, I have Cfo armor in progress as we speak. And that is a great kit. Going to buy ATA helmet soon. Hoping to get my suit approved by the end of March 2013.

Now the contradictions I mentioned are between basic level approval & Centurion. Seems like i cannot make my Incinerator suit Centurion level right away.

For example, can I get my suit 501st approved if I have a game style Thermal Detonator (Game style TD is what I want to have). Or should I first build a ANH or ROTJ style TD to get approved and change Game style for Centurion pics...

I did ask about holster issue & belt earlier in Incinerator section, and got answered how CRL should be but it still isn't that way. Basic 501st level mandates holster & Centurion doesn't allow one.

EIB states that holster willi be affixed with two fasteners at the bottom of the belt instead of none or four.

Centurion mandates that holster is not allowed and belt should have four (per side, total of 8) rivets forming a rectangular pattern. So I cannot build my belt to be Centurion level right away, as far as I know.

Now don't get me wrong, I know creating and modifying things like CRL and other standards takes time and work. And members who are involved have my utmost respect for doing it.

And I don't want to be seen as a whiner or a difficult person. Like I said earlier, I am just a bit lost here in StandardJungle.

If I need to build two different belts or TDs to be a Centurion, that's the way it is then. Just don't want to do unnecessary work ;)

Cheers,

Osku

PS. I AM going to start a WIP thread, just takes a bit more time to get it written. Bear with me ;)

Ah, excellent!

Now I remember that thread. It seems we haven't gotten around to updating the CRL to remove the contradictions. I am however fairly certain that if you build you incinerator to Centurion levels you should be approved regardless of what the basic CRL says since Centurion is an addition on top of basic, and should not contradict. And should you not be, let me know and I'll explain to the GML. :)

That might be a contradiction from my wording. Thanks for bringing that up. Shims will always be allowed as long as they are done in a nice looking manner. IE, they blend in with the rest of the armour.

Remove the word ideally completely from existing wording.

So side shims between ab and kidney will DQ an applicant?

That might be a contradiction from my wording. Thanks for bringing that up. Shims will always be allowed as long as they are done in a nice looking manner. IE, they blend in with the rest of the armour.

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up. I was concerned for my RT needed self. Haha