What in the world have I got?

Are you joking?

FX is very different from an RS. Anovos is a sharpened up copy - either recast or scanned, sae with the helmet. With comments like these it proves you do not have an eye for detail.

I never said they didn't recast a RS suit I said some parts are totally different, especially backplate and some other parts which don't even match the movie suits how can they match RS! your saying they scanned or recast a full RS suit so how do you explain the completely different back plate?  I'm not talking sharpness the whole box and the OII are totally different. I saw the helmet in person and there was not a single detail that proved it was scanned off a RS, the ears are totally off ect... and your also saying they used a RS helmet as a base LOL!  there is so many helmets they could have used as a base, Anovos helmet is so heavily modified you couldn't tell if they scanned mickey mouse head!

RS%20back%20plate%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.

ANOVOS%202%20-%20Copy.jpg

Edited by ABS80

This is amusing.

Having owned or built kits from every single major maker, and after 10 years in this hobby, I do understand why would someone not understand where we come from as sw prop communiyu in or outside the 501st, amd why it is dificult to understand where we are standing now.

One thing I dont understand, is why disrespecting or just disregarding makers based on how th ANOVOS kit looks and is produced. As if the ANOVOS was the non plus ultra TK armor just cause it is licensed. That just doesnt make sense.

There is of course a whole universe behind this thread that most, specially if one is not into armor history or have not been here for enough time, would not derstand. But not understanding does not justify disregarding. (I am no expert, but I know there is a lot of real hard work, just as copying acusations and facts, and drama behind the vetted an non vetted kits)

But well, as I said, it is amusing.

Kindof makes me want to say "You fought in the flame wars?"

LOL

No ofence to anyone... Just trying to entertein myself here.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88
  • Like 1

Recasting aside, I personally don't like the way Anovos conducts business. They are still acting like a kick starter company with pre-orders on pretty much everything with no productions dates set on their other products. They basically want customers to front up the costs of developments. 

With now a current lead time of a year again for their OT kits and a price tag of $650 it makes zero sense to support them further. You talk about greed, they are now charging more than some vetted armour makers and farming out the work to a Chinese factory. 

Edited by Clogger
  • Like 2

I did the exact same thing as you, Scott.  Before I knew about the 501st and FISD, I ordered a set of eBay armor.  After finding out it was total crap, (makerofthings), I decided to go ahead and put it together, just to get the basics of building one while I waited for my AM kit to arrive.  I then re-listed it on eBay as a "Stormtrooper Halloween costume, NOT approvable for the 501st", (those exact words).  It sold in 2 days, and although I didn't make any money on it, I gained some valuable experience.

• Like 1