My RS Prop Masters build [*RS]

I brought this helmet last week and it arived today!!

The pvc kit comes with screen accurate neck and brow trim,hovi mic tips,star shaped padding and a certificate of authenticity plus a 1st edition plaque.

PB160318.jpg

Man this thing is sharp!

PB160311.jpgPB160310.jpg

PB160313.jpgPB160308.jpg

The detail is amazing.

PB160315.jpg

PB160317.jpgPB160316.jpg

PB160320.jpg

PB160319.jpg

:D

Edited by DudeSidious

A test fit.

I had to move the face plate forward a bit making the marked holes go a couple of mm out of alignment.Is this the norm?

PB180307.jpgPB1803102.jpg

PB180312.jpgPB180308.jpg

I'm thinking maybe because the pvc is so thin, thinner then the original helmet material that causes the error.

Edited by DudeSidious

Hi Wayne , Luvley helmet mate , iam also contructing my PVC RS helmet and armour at the moment , its amazzing that them marked holes are over 30 years old :) , the lid looks fine to me mate but to make sure maybe ask Rob at RS Props if his other helmets line up to the marked holes .

thanks guys.

Hi Wayne , Luvley helmet mate , iam also contructing my PVC RS helmet and armour at the moment , its amazzing that them marked holes are over 30 years old :) , the lid looks fine to me mate but to make sure maybe ask Rob at RS Props if his other helmets line up to the marked holes .

Im only talking 2 or 3 mm either side, but I will ask just to be on the safe side.

Hey guys, looking great so far. No, I don't use the holes either. It is not 100 clear on th back and cap where to drill, so I ignore them and build as I like the look. The original holes were drilled from different angles and not straight in, which can throw it off a little. That said, the holes I end up drilling are not far out by the time you have it finished. I have a step by step of building a lid I will post up as soon as poss.

Rob.

Ive been taking my time with this helmet,trying to enjoy every moment and I was untill my lucky if she turns two daughter found and tipped my no.21 gloss black paint out over the carpet and her self.

Heres a few pics of some progress.

PC070029.jpgPC070028.jpg

PC070033.jpgPC070045.jpg

PC070044.jpgPC070043.jpg

PC070032.jpgPC070034.jpg

No pics of the carpet sorry.

Edited by DudeSidious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its amazing how much more detail is present on the pvc lids compared to the abs - yours looks amazing so far.... if i was you i would leave the tube stripes off....

too late ive painted them and Ithink im finnished, ill post some pics soon.

Edited by DudeSidious